On player station to station trading...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jamieren

On player station to station trading...

Post by jamieren » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 16:10

Okay, let's say hypothetically one has several stations in one sector - for me that would be a silicon mine, argnu beef, crystal fab and cahoona bakery. What I'm thinking is to minimize selling price on everything and have the station's ships then set to purchase wares at best price - then they would collect wares from each other right? Of course I would also have to prohibit other races from trading there as I'd end up going broke..

Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I'm thinking it could simulate the whole 'mega complex' idea that is such a great addition in X3.

On a side note, I've found hunting down khaak fighters and capping them for the weapons (which then sell for 1.7 mil each) is the absolute fastest way to earn money. It does take away from the game a bit, as other ways of making money then become a hobby...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 17. Dec 14, 16:39

Trade, see: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=89177

"absolute fastest" ... "a fast" perhaps, but "fastest" :gruebel:

jamieren

Post by jamieren » Thu, 18. Dec 14, 00:29

That was a good guide, reiterates and expands upon my plan. Thanks.

...so you're saying the answer to "What I'm thinking is to minimize selling price on everything and have the station's ships then set to purchase wares at best price - then they would collect wares from each other right?"

is yes? :wink:

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 21. Dec 14, 10:37

jamieren wrote:That was a good guide, reiterates and expands upon my plan. Thanks.

...so you're saying the answer to "What I'm thinking is to minimize selling price on everything and have the station's ships then set to purchase wares at best price - then they would collect wares from each other right?"

is yes? :wink:
Or, y'know, if you're playing TC or AP you could just install the bonus pack and use CLS instead.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 10:53

I would like to do the same thing as jamieren. I have two complexes in a sector. One needs energy and produces silicon, and one produces energy and needs silicon. I would like them to trade with each other only using my own trading ships automatically. I don't wan't to use CLS mainly because I have no idea how to use it and don't want to read pages of help on CLS software to do something so simple.

All I want, is for complex A to trade with complex B continuously. Both are in the same sector. Is this possible without CLS?
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 22:41

Zaitsev wrote:What I'm thinking is to minimize selling price on everything and have the station's ships then set to purchase wares at best price - then they would collect wares from each other right?
They should, most of the time. IMHO that is an unnecessary gamble, because the CLS Mk1 does present a precision tool for that task.

@Nick Northern: CLS usage should not be pages.
X2 Bonuspack Readme wrote:A TS or TP with:
* Navigation Software MK1
* Commodities Logistics Software MK1
  1. Set the home base of your TS/TP class ship to one of the stations that will be supplying wares (the producer).
  2. Use command Start commodities logistics. After starting the software you need to supply a numerical parameter. This parameter defines the price at which the commodity will be transferred between stations. Entering a value of '0' will result in no money being transferred. Entering a value of "-1" will result in using the current commodity price in each station.
  3. The ships additional commands menu has an add station command. When used, you have to select a station (usually the destination/consumer of the product).
Oh, wait, you talk about complexes. That means "not X2" :headbang: Which game? The X3R, X3TC, and X3AP are all different. The CLS Mk1 is "simple" in all of them though.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Widow Maker
xr

Post by Widow Maker » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 19:54

Nick Northern wrote:All I want, is for complex A to trade with complex B continuously. Both are in the same sector. Is this possible without CLS?
It's not hard. A TS ship with a a few software upgrades will be able to run the manual trade command. Set two manual traders, one to sell Silicon to the power plant and the power plant to sell energy cells to your mine.

The manual trade command has a repeat indefinitely option. As long as the the ships has access to credits and the prices don't change it will work forever.

Nick Northern
x3tc

Post by Nick Northern » Wed, 24. Dec 14, 01:07

Widow Maker wrote:The manual trade command has a repeat indefinitely option. As long as the the ships has access to credits and the prices don't change it will work forever.
This is what I was looking for. I actually was messing with it for a while last night and figured the 'buy ware' command out, and it fixes the problem.

This may help the original poster as well... here's what helped.

If you want one station to trade with another station without all that CLS mumbo jumbo, or money being spent, or complex software/commands...

Set a trader to each station or complex involved. They will need MK1 trade software and that is it. A jumpdrive would only be needed if shifting goods greater distances than one sector.

Set each trader to home base at a station/complex, then select the 'buy ware' command in the trade menu for that ship. The command will ask you to select a sector and then station/complex in that sector to "buy" wares from. Then it will ask you how many times you would like to repeat that process and I just typed a bunch of 9's so he will repeat forever.

You will need to add money to each of your stations that will be involved in the exchanging of resources because the traders purchase the resources with your own money. The money will then show up in the station your trader is home based to, so no money is lost or missing.

What I didn't like about the CLS solution is that I have no idea how to use it, and I am on the terran start so I would have to fix Argon rep just to buy the software which I am loath to do. The above quick fix with MK1 trade software works just fine and costs you nothing as far as additional software or set up goes.

Hope this helps!
Enemies make you stronger, allies make you weaker.
Frank Herbert

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”