mac version albion prelude

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Scaramander
x3tc

mac version albion prelude

Post by Scaramander » Mon, 22. Dec 14, 21:09

Some time ago I purchased thro mac games/vp programming the mac version of albion prelude.
When I tried to load albion prelude recently the program refuses to load and requests
[ The license has expired. Please renew the license in the Deliver2Mac client.]
They however inform me that egosoft have revoked the license, I need to contact Egosoft!
This game is not supported by Steam on my hardware (2.3gig I7 mac mini) despite the fact that the game plays well with a slightly reduced graphics.
I wish to continue playing this game and would like a new license for it?
regards

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 23. Dec 14, 13:49

Unfortunately VP is not a supplier of the Egosoft port of the game and have now removed their support for their bespoke game ports that they previously supplied.

You *might* be able to use the registration key that came with the game to register with Steam and download the latest Egosoft X3AP version for Mac from there. I don't see how your system specs affect that process at all but it is not guaranteed that Steam will recognise or honour a VP key.

Let us know if this line of attack does not help.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

parameter
x3tc

VP to d2d

Post by parameter » Sat, 27. Dec 14, 20:04

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. I had same problem and had to go to D2D. I just selected 'Renew licence', didn't pay extra and it worked. I am using Yosemite on iMac 24" 2.4Ghz, mid-2007 model. Try selecting renew!
veneratio supernus omni

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”