Sector trader problem

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hologram3
x3ap

Sector trader problem

Post by Hologram3 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 21:18

I searched for a while about this, but couldn't come up with an answer, and I'm probably just missing something silly.

I have a Mercury outfitted with a 25mj shield, best buy/sell locators, fight command software mk1, jumpdrive, nav command software mk1, trade command software mk 1,2 and 3, and the trading system extension. It also has a duplex scanner and special and supply command software, which I don't need for the sector trader but I will if I use it as a supply ship.

I've sent it to a number of systems and given it the "start sector trader" command, and the instant I do I get an incoming message saying my Mercury has finished it's job and is awaiting orders.

What am I missing to get it started? :?

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 21:45

You're probably just unlucky with the choice of your starting sector. Try somewhere with SPPs and food fabs. Also make sure that you have money - the MK3 traders use your personal wallet for trades.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Hologram3
x3ap

Post by Hologram3 » Sun, 28. Dec 14, 21:51

Thanks for the reply.

I have over 500k credits, and I've tried 4 or 5 sectors, but maybe you're right, maybe I'm just unlucky. I'll try again later after I recover from staring at the screen all day :D

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 01:45

Try Ore Belt.
-- GD

Hologram3
x3ap

Post by Hologram3 » Mon, 29. Dec 14, 17:59

Thank you both for the suggestions.

It turned out to be a bad choice of systems, and now he's earning his salary.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”