Missing Factories

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Missing Factories

Post by Cursed Ghost » Fri, 2. Jan 15, 18:32

hi all

I’d like a tractor beam but the factories have been completely removed, I'd also like some starburst shockwave cannons for my newly acquired Aegir only the forges have also been completely removed so I'm wondering if there a way to force GOD to undelete factories ?

More to the point wasn't this problem supposed to have been fixed already so that no matter what there will always be at least 1 forge of every type that will never get removed and will simply re spawn after a period of time if its blown up to prevent the permanent removal of things from the game either by GOD or by enemy action

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 00:17

It was fixed as far as I remember. So there's a chance it got moved to a new place and you haven't been there or re-visited the place since it got placed there. One of tractor beam forges should also be permanent as far as I recall. Don't recall the sector tho.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 08:34

The Tractor Beam Factory in Third Redemption is always well-kept by the
Paranids, I've never seen it despawning or getting destroyed in any of my
saves. Did you tried this sector already?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 09:20

If your game is patched up to date the fabs in Third Redemption should be there. They have a sort of immunity.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 12:47

If you're not adverse to a little piracy, you could head to Haktikvah's Faith, and monitor traffic for a little while. There always seems to be Paranid traders carrying Tractor Beams even without the factories. They'll usually drop it if you 'ask' nicely enough.

On the other hand, if you want factories back, you can begin trading operations. Eventually the economic supply will grow to the where GOD will begin placing or ordering placed, new factories. The principal works for both the Tractor Beam and SSC fabs.

Also, I believe Aldrin might sell SSC's, but I'm not sure.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Sat, 3. Jan 15, 19:32

cursed ghost, its gone in my game as well ap. its suppose to be, what other player said in, third redemption.so what i did is purchase me one, at third redemption shipyard,made it into a complex of other factories together,to support it ,hope this helps you. :) . :o

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 17:33

If you are playing AP you have a chance of finding tractor beams for sale in Albion....
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 21:48

Timsup2nothin wrote:If your game is patched up to date the fabs in Third Redemption should be there. They have a sort of immunity.
Only sort of. They won't be removed by GoD, but they can, and sometimes are, destroyed by enemy attacks. However, at least one should respawn after a few game days. Yeah, it can take that long.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 23:17

Do they respawn? Or are they replaced? (Spawning vs TL delivery)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 6. Jan 15, 23:49

Replaced, I believe. But effectively 'respawned' since the shipyard that sells TB Facs is in the same sector, as is the Paranid Supply Hercules that probably delivers them. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 7. Jan 15, 00:46

True, but there's still a window to jack the TL. :twisted:

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Wed, 7. Jan 15, 01:45

So you lost the Starburst Shockwave Fab at Jupiter ?

Anyone know if ithe factory is purchasable after the Aldrin Plot?

-- Ormac

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 7. Jan 15, 03:10

Ormac wrote:So you lost the Starburst Shockwave Fab at Jupiter ?

Anyone know if ithe factory is purchasable after the Aldrin Plot?

-- Ormac
It is.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”