Boreas Loadout

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Boreas Loadout

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 03:38

Hi all

So I just stole the Boreas in Legends home and I’m in the process of getting it fixed up and out fitted however I don’t normally fly big ships to slow and un-manoeuvrable so I’m not sure how best to out fit it

I’m thinking flak on the top bottom and back to swat annoying fighters PPCs on the side for bigger ships and Ion Canons in the main guns

The reason I’m thinking Ion Cannons for the main battery is because when player controlled the charge effect of PPCs and IBL is kinda annoying when you are used to flying fighters and when AI controlled the computer doesn’t used the charge effect or the extra range of the PPC very effectively so I’m thinking that the higher shield damage would probably be more beneficial all round

I thought about GC but in TC ships hulls are fairly weak so you really don't need the extra hull damage plus there shorter range and the ammo takes up valuable cargo space that could be utilized more effectively granted the GC does have the advantage of little to no energy use but you only really notice that on frigate level ships that don't have the energy capacity to use IBL or PPCs effectively

So what do ya think the best load out for a Boreas would be ?

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Loadout

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 04:06

In TC, I have outfitted the main and right and left with PPC with FAA on top and bottom. To save a little space and energy I put PAC on the rear. That would be good for OOS since total weaponry counts.

For a good part of the game, I use a capital to take down shields for my boarding ship. For this role 8 PPC in Main is all you need. You get in the turret and fire overcharged blasts at the target. So anti fighter FAA everywhere else is fine. If only your Mains are firing PPC they will have energy much longer. FAA are energy hogs too, but they won't be firing all the time.

I've killed hundreds and more of Xenon capitals, and almost all of them have been with the Main guns. If you have the money, PPC on right and left is okay but not that important. If you plan using it OOS, then you really need that. But Boreas is only marginal for the role. Tyr and Osaka have another 2GJ shield which is huge.

I usually buy one Boreas every game so I can take the first Tyr. It is the third best M2 which is pretty good. But not as good as the first two.

Good Hunting!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

riceygringo
x4

Post by riceygringo » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 05:54

In TC anything smaller than a Corvette shouldn't really be a threat to a Boreas anyways IS unless we are talking about 5+ fighters with PBGs. So I always equip my Boreas with PPC and IBL to maximize my Anti-Capital power.

It's also not as if it's got limited space either, I carry a couple of FAAs in my freight bay for those annoying fighters.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”