MK3 sector/universe trader glitch

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

MK3 sector/universe trader glitch

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 20:57

Hi all

I just noticed this curious glitch in the MK3 sector/universe trader scripts

http://s13.postimg.org/6063ndbp3/untitled.png

I’m not sure why I’m getting this message because the Springblossom comes with fight command software mk 1 & 2 built in but for some reason the script doesn’t appear to see it?

You think this will have any effect or is it just that ego forgot to add a check for built in equipment so its giving me the message in error

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 22:09

It is a common bug in many of the vanilla scripts.

Devs use the tempting "get true amount of ware in cargo bay" to test for the existence of required equipment and software. Unfortunately, the "true" is wrong. The correct command is "get amount of ware in cargo bay" without the "true" part.

The effect that this will have is that your Springblossom will not launch fighter drones before jumping away from an attack.

MK3 Improvement fixes this and many other problems with the vanilla ST/UT scripts.

Other good trade scripts to consider:
OK Traders
Manual Trade Extension: Best buy/sell loop combined with Signal_Targeted (with Emergency Jump)

(Signal_targeted protects ships other than Improved Mk3's and OK Traders. Those two scripts already have the equivalent of signal_targeted built in.)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”