How to script leveling a trader to 25

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sinfulace
x4

How to script leveling a trader to 25

Post by Sinfulace » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 02:29

How can I script leveling a Sector / U trader to 25.. (this is for litcubes mod so I dont want to use cycrows and i think the scripts are a little different when I look at them)

If anyone knows id be greatly apreciative.. I am doing it for testing purposes..

(I can manage to rename the pilots name but not the actual trade level ive messed with the trade level / fight level but that doesnt seem to effect it)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 10:45

If you want all your TS at level 25 :

Code: Select all

$AllShips = get ship array: of race [Player] class/type=[TS]
for each $Ship in array $AllShips
  $Ship-> set local variable: name='experience' value=25
end

Sinfulace
x4

Post by Sinfulace » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 17:56

I love you will test later , Thanks so much :)

But maybe I am slow in the head I went through every single script and dont see the ones you described could you hold my hand more? lol

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 20:34

Well I just wrote this piece of code for you, so yeah, you won't find it in your scripts :)

Do you have basic knowledge in scripting ? If not, I suggest you read some tutorials, the code I gave you should be enough if you know how to write and run a custom script.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 21:27

Alternatively you could use OK Traders which is reported as being compatible with LU in some other thread. OK Traders do not require any leveling and only require Trading Software MK1/Mk2.

When not homebased they work like vanilla UTs (but with more options to blacklist sectors, to have traders automatically equip themselves with certain wares, they will jump out of a sector after they are targeted instead of waiting to be attacked, etc).

A homebased OK Trader will act like a CAG (or like LU's Station/Dock Agents) but you get more options to configure them, you can configure which wares they will trade in so you could have one homebased TL only trade in energy cells, ore and teladianium for your dock as those require huge cargo spaces while leaving smaller/faster OK Traders handle the small cargo high tech stuff.

Sinfulace
x4

Post by Sinfulace » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 01:11

Thanks I will try this I dont wanna mess anything up you guys are the best sorry for my scrubness :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”