[AP] Editing existing wares

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

soulmata
x4

[AP] Editing existing wares

Post by soulmata » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 20:18

I have a brief question.

I would like to modify a few in-game wares in my game. Primarily, I want to change their price and size. More specifically, I want to make the jumpdrive be XL size and cost 2M credits, like XRM does, as I don't use XRM but want to include some of the ware changes.

I have a ton of other mods installed, many of them add custom wares (like the Detector Scanner Upgrade, Turbo Boosters, et cetera). But none of them touch the JD proper. Would someone kindly point me toward a guide on editing "stock" wares?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 22:46

You will want to modify types\TWareT using X3 Editor 2

X3 Editor is pretty easy to use. Set up your profile, then Open from VFS to get the correct file.

Here is a tutorial if you need it. It is for TShips, but TWareT works similarly:
X3Editor2 Basics for Simple TShips edits.

The Detector ware is built into vanilla AP.

Custom wares are added by the Plugin Manager. Plugin Manager reads your TWareT, adds the custom wares, then creates an "override" TWareT.pck in your addon\types folder. For that reason, it is important to open and close the Plugin Manager after you edit your TWareT (and before you start the game to test your changes).

soulmata
x4

Post by soulmata » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 05:08

Thanks, Bullwinkle. That worked perfect. Your guide was spot-on and I was able to figure it out and get it done in a matter of minutes.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”