Setting Up A Profitable Factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Setting Up A Profitable Factory

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 17:12

I am having trouble figuring out how to set up an efficient an profitable factory. My main issue is that I am having trouble buying and selling materials for my factory and also am having troubles managing my factories accounts. I don't want to micromanage all of this.

Does anyone have any step by step instructions on how to set up a factory efficiently?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 20:53

Which X game? Moved to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum from TC/AP S&M.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 22:02

Did I accidentally not post in the TC/AP forum? I'm playing AP.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 23:02

You posted in Scripts and modding, which is expressly for those. The X-Trilogy Universe is for X:BTF>X3:AP general discussion.

For setting up any profitable factory, the fastest way is with the Bonus Pack Scripts. Buy and equip a TS for fitting as a CAG (Commercial AGent). Park it at the Herron's Nebula Free Argon Trading Station. Hire a pilot there. That skips the very early stages where a CAG is inefficient and ineffective.

Give a station 1 million credits, and assign the CAG to it. Wander off and do something else.

CAG's are super efficient once they're past the first couple of stages, and can do more than just supply a station.

Microchips and 1MJ shields are both in huge demand in TC. I don't know about AP though.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

SacremPyrobolum
xr

Post by SacremPyrobolum » Wed, 14. Jan 15, 23:58

I did that but my CAFS are just sitting idle. I only gave the station 20,000 but that should be more than enough to purchase the energy cells needed.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 15. Jan 15, 00:15

What range did you give the station to trade within? Are there SPP's within that range? What price did you set the station to buy energy cells? And are there energy cells available at or below that price within range?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 15. Jan 15, 01:50

Did you give the station energy cells? They won't go get more if it doesn't need any.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 14:49

20,000 credits for a station isn't enough to do much of anything. At average prices, it will buy 1250 units of energy cells, not even 1/2 the capacity of most TS ships, and leave the station broke.

As the CAG could only make one run, unless you have a high level CAG pilot, the pilot can't train and it won't be able to sale the product, so until you feed that station more credits it sits idle. Give the station at least 500,000 credits, or as much as you can aiming to get that much into the account. You can always move it back to the main account if you need it for something.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”