Confused about litcube freighters station agents etc..

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JingaoBow

Confused about litcube freighters station agents etc..

Post by JingaoBow » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 02:27

Can someone please explain to a newb how I should go about selling things from my HQ to other areas?

I get that a freighter can take goods TO the HQ but how do I sell them from there?

Do I use a station agent or a freighter or what? how do they work / what do they do? I tried to read it but I didnt understand..

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 03:56

short: you use Dock Agents.

Station Agents are for factories/complexes, a trader homebased to a dock (like the HQ) cannot be a Station Agent but it can be a Dock Agent.

Dock Agents will either buy or sell goods, the rules are:
1. if goods are stored at the dock and either aren't registered in the Dockware Manager or the dock has more than 100% capacity as registered in the Dockware Manager then the Dock Agents will try to sell them; you control the minimum sale price from the usual station settings window; any money they get will be added to the homebase dock

2. if registered goods are below 100% and you have configured them (in the Sources page) to "Buy" then Dock Agents will try to buy them, according to the maximum price (also set in the usual station settings window for that dock); the dock needs to have enough money to buy them

In both #1 and #2 above, Dock Agents will avoid doing a trade run if the quantity to sell/buy is very small (I think).

If you used CAG or homebased OK Traders before, Dock Agents and Station Agents work similarly only that they respect the LU specific Dockware Manager settings to decide when and what to buy/sell.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm not sure I know 100% how all this works but my empire is running like an well oiled machine right now so I must be doing something right :)

JingaoBow

Post by JingaoBow » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 04:30

memeics wrote:short: you use Dock Agents.

Station Agents are for factories/complexes, a trader homebased to a dock (like the HQ) cannot be a Station Agent but it can be a Dock Agent.

Dock Agents will either buy or sell goods, the rules are:
1. if goods are stored at the dock and either aren't registered in the Dockware Manager or the dock has more than 100% capacity as registered in the Dockware Manager then the Dock Agents will try to sell them; you control the minimum sale price from the usual station settings window; any money they get will be added to the homebase dock

2. if registered goods are below 100% and you have configured them (in the Sources page) to "Buy" then Dock Agents will try to buy them, according to the maximum price (also set in the usual station settings window for that dock); the dock needs to have enough money to buy them

In both #1 and #2 above, Dock Agents will avoid doing a trade run if the quantity to sell/buy is very small (I think).

If you used CAG or homebased OK Traders before, Dock Agents and Station Agents work similarly only that they respect the LU specific Dockware Manager settings to decide when and what to buy/sell.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'm not sure I know 100% how all this works but my empire is running like an well oiled machine right now so I must be doing something right :)
thanks alot memeics :) you are very helpful. sorry for being a noob and not understanding

Also- what do the levels of Station agents do? is it meaningless?

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 06:51

JingaoBow wrote:Also- what do the levels of Station agents do? is it meaningless?
I haven't looked at the code to know exactly what they do but it seems that they are in "negotiating sell/buy" state for much longer time in the beginning. My top level 20 DAs and SAs almost never say that so either the game is purposely making them slow or maybe they are limited in other ways (like the "jump range" that they look for deals which may affect them having to search for longer time to find a good deal close to home when they are of low level). Basically, they seem much less efficient in the beginning than a top level 20 agent. This is kinda annoying, especially early game where you need every bit of help but that's how it is :)

JingaoBow

Post by JingaoBow » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 17:15

memeics wrote:
JingaoBow wrote:Also- what do the levels of Station agents do? is it meaningless?
I haven't looked at the code to know exactly what they do but it seems that they are in "negotiating sell/buy" state for much longer time in the beginning. My top level 20 DAs and SAs almost never say that so either the game is purposely making them slow or maybe they are limited in other ways (like the "jump range" that they look for deals which may affect them having to search for longer time to find a good deal close to home when they are of low level). Basically, they seem much less efficient in the beginning than a top level 20 agent. This is kinda annoying, especially early game where you need every bit of help but that's how it is :)
Thanks memeics your very clear!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”