X3 Reunion+Xtended........can't turn sector trader to local trader

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cosgrove1982

X3 Reunion+Xtended........can't turn sector trader to local trader

Post by cosgrove1982 » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 18:19

hi

I'm getting back into X3 and am encountering a problem with sector traders. I've been reading guides and posts on here about how they should work and have been able to get one up to level 10 by letting him trade in 1 sector only. I would like to let the trader visit other sectors too (local....1 or 2 sectors away etc) but there is no option to do so. I've heard from the guides that after you click commands, start sector trader...there should be a further prompt to set the number of sectors he can travel.....but i'm not getting any options like that.

I've equipped the trader with enough equipment that the universe trader option is now available. but clicking on that doesn't let me specify the number of sectors either.

he has trade command 1, 2, 3
fight command 1,2
jumpdrive
25mj shield

I've installed x3 reunion 2.5 +bonus pack and xtended mod 0.75

Any help would be appreciated Smile

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 20:06

I was just checking around and there is no mention of local traders in any of the Reunion guides I looked at. Only sector & universal. So it may not be possible but it has been ages since I've played Reunion so I could be very wrong.

cosgrove1982

Post by cosgrove1982 » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 20:13

hi

thanks for your reply. It's my understanding that there isn't a specific option for "local" traders but after a sector trader reaches a certain level they can go beyond just a single sector. e.g you issue command sector trader and then specify the number sector jumps they can make (either via gate or jumpdrive)

As far as i know this should work in X3 reunion but i'm just not getting any options for sector traders to increase their range :(

Would be good to know for sure if this is definitely possible

thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 20:17

As far as I know, Local Traders (able to change sector without being UTs) were first brought in with X3TC.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

cosgrove1982

Post by cosgrove1982 » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 20:20

Ah. that might be the problem then :( I take it the x-tended mod doesn't make a difference to this then?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 20. Jan 15, 21:22

Youi'd have to ask that question in the X-Tended thread in the S&M forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

cosgrove1982

Post by cosgrove1982 » Wed, 21. Jan 15, 16:58

Thanks for your replies. It seems that local traders were only introduced in TC

thanks

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”