Mining Niv in AP. What's new?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Mining Niv in AP. What's new?

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 22. Jan 15, 19:56

Niv does not renew in AP so many of the previous restrictions do not apply, like leaving the sector or using the Jump Drive and Transporter. Mining Niv is different now. So why don't we compare notes about the best way?

I use the Centaur with the Mining Device to break the Asteroids. I go slow when I'm close, usually 8 kph. If I go faster I get shield and even hull damage. I break a lot of big and medium Niv and then leave. If you leave the sector then collision avoidance is turned off and there is no shield damage. Even 3 x 25 shields is not enough when you are IS. I use 4 or 5 ships to gather.

The broken asteroid does not scatter all over, just in the plane of the ecliptic, not up or down very much. The gathering ships don't gather if the ship is too far up or down from the Niv. They seem to move okay on the same plane as the ecliptic.

I like Perpetual Sin with three Niv asteroids and also Distant something next to Menelaus Oasis. SY are close to both of them.
I check on the gathering ships now and then. I go back if they aren't gathering. I break more medium asteroids, have a gathering ship move to my position, then go to the next medium asteroid and break some more. And so on. When I leave I start the gathering ships. When I get 700 Niv I have a ship go to the SY, make a new TS with nothing else, transfer Niv, and sell it. I get about $6 Mil. It's not fast but it's good money to start with.

A mining ship doesn't help. Its shots might damage other ships too. 'Mining Minerals' doesn't work with Niv. You have to 'Collect Rocks'.

Questions: What are the bright lights all over when you blow up an asteroid? I don't think it's too many asteroids now. Maybe you blew up one that was the right size. Anyone know?

Can you get gathering ships to move to new sources when they run out in their immediate area?

More Info? Please add it.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

druid40

Post by druid40 » Fri, 23. Jan 15, 11:41

I haven't successfully collected nividium oos. However, it is because I didn't get around to leaving a ship in the rock cluster before sending my ship to collect rocks. Now that you have confirmed that method works, I will be doing that soon. I HAVE used an Aran to mine nividium in UFJD sectors. The shields last for a long time. I prefer a Springblossom for running to different asteroids and quickly gathering to transport into a TP. I also stay around 6-10 Mps. This playthough I will not be using SETA to speed up mining. I do plan to start breaking up rocks with my Elephant to see how much faster it will be compared to my Springblossom.

The bright lights you see are probably spaceflies. You need to stun them and have a spacefly collector installed if you want to collect the. Ion disruptors stun them -- I am unsure about other weapons. You can find those on the Argon Aamon Prototype you receive during/after the main plot.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Re: Mining Niv in AP. What's new?

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 23. Jan 15, 13:59

Bill Huntington wrote:What are the bright lights all over when you blow up an asteroid?
Do you mean rocks vaporizing from collisions with other rocks? A few will typically do that when you break an asteroid.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 30. Jan 15, 01:35

UFJD sectors provide you with infinite nividium. Take Kyoto and do it like a tank until satisfied.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 30. Jan 15, 02:23

If you have the patience to do the mining yourself, UFJD sectors work fine. But you are tied up there, unable to do anything else. If you are going to do that for in order to pick up tons of credits, why not just use the Stock Market exploit to get the credits you want and go on your way?

My preference in TC and it's carried over to AP is to use the Prospector script. In TC it fixed the infinite regeneration of rocks to perform more like AP does. Shields and hulls do get damaged and collecting will stop to regen shields or fly to a shipyard for repairs. Friend/Foe identification is enabled so miners will go to a station when enemies are near. Just as CLS pilots, Prospector pilots require experience and training to perform at their best, and you pay for that experience too.

Bullwinkle's Mobile Mining upgrade is a nice option too.

In a vanilla game you are you are limited to collect rocks, but if you are modded why not upgrade your mobile mining ops.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”