need logistics advice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

onlymeme

need logistics advice

Post by onlymeme » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 06:05

hello

i have my hq, a trading station and a complex in the same sector.

the complex makes all the resources needed for any ship (except nvidium for obvious reasons) and naturally i want them in my hq. the thing is some of them are needed as resources for the complex. so i want to take all that exceed a certain threshold. ie rastar oil is needed for certain ships but is also needed for computer components. so when it exceeds lets say 500 i want to take that excess to the hq (as well as the computer components and all others)

now because the complex is a little overkill and the long construction times of the bigger ships the hq will soon fill up so i want a maximum amount of wares stored there and take rest to the trading station to be sold.

what's the best way to achieve this? can it be done with a single ship?

thx

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 06:30

The PHQ doesn't have unlimited storage capacity. If it fills up on ore or energy cells, it won't have room for any of the other longer production time wares.

Since all of the resources aren't required at one time, you can set up transports using CLS1/2 to bring resources in as needed.
This spreadsheet tells you of how many of each type of resource is needed each hour for every ship. Set up a supply complex that will provide these numbers for the biggest ship you plan on regularly build and set your transports in motion. In my previous game I would keep a steady stream of Falcon Haulers in production, so my supply complex provided for those. The occasional bigger ship might require extra wares that I would provide with other means.

Take a close look at all the options for CAGs/CLS1/CLS2 transports. Also take a look at Dockware Manager to limit storage capacity by ware and making wares available for trade or not. Between those packages, you should be able to set up your supply just the way you want it. With a trading station in the mix, you could deliver the wares there, then feed the PHQ from it.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 06:34

CLS 2

Waypoints (for Rastar Oil as example)

Complex, load Rastar max cargo, unload Rastar up to 500

HQ, unload Rastar up to [whatever max amount]

Trading Station, unload Rastar max cargo

If you use a sufficiently advanced pilot you can have him go round and round doing each ware in turn, and as long as it makes the circuit fast enough you can get away with using one ship. The only problem being that the trading station may not get rid of the stuff fast enough and that may cause the stuff to back up in your transport.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”