Max Overtuned Hyperion & Advanced Perseus

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Max Overtuned Hyperion & Advanced Perseus

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 15:16

Hi all

As most of us know the reward for completing the Poisoned Paranid start is the over tuned Hyperion and the over tuned Advanced Perseus, unfortunately however Egosoft saw fit to make the amount of over tunings you get from completing the mission random which is really really annoying and something I don’t agree with.

Fortunately one of are bright spark members Monthar figured out of to correct this little annoyance and make so that upon completing the Poisoned Paranid quest both the Hyperion & Advanced Perseus will always have maximum engine and rudder tunings, meaning no more need to do 10,000 reloads to get these ships max tuned, unfortunately how you do this is not really explained and I’ve seen a few people asking how to do this.

So in this post I’m going to explain the process I was able to figure out from little bits of information I found scattered about the forum. However take note, this was done in X3 Terran Conflict 3.2 so this may not work in older versions of TC or in AP it depends on whether Egosoft change anything between versions.

Step 1:
First you must unlock the Poisoned Paranid start you can find full details of how to unlock all the game starts here
http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Starting_scenario

Step 2:
Start a new game, select the Poisoned Paranid start play the game until you acquire the required 25,000,000 credits upon gathering enough funds return to the trading station, dock and save your game.

Step 3:
Quit the game and exit back to the desktop then open your browser and go here
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=244283

You will find links to the X3 Editor download and install the editor if you don’t already have .net 3.5 installed you will also need to download and install this as it’s required to make the editor work.

Step 4:
Once you have both .net 3.5 and the X3 Editor installed open the editor

Select File > Open from VFS…
Select the director folder
Select the 3.05 Gamestart Missions file > press open
Select All > Text Viewer > Open

You should then get a screen with some XML code in next you need to change the following section of the code from this

Code: Select all

<create_ship name="this.reward" dockobject="this.dock" typename="SS_SH_P_M6_ADV" race="player"> 
                              <equipment loadout="default"> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="12"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="8"/> 
                              </equipment> 
                            </create_ship> 
                            <create_ship name="this.reward2" dockobject="this.dock" typename="SS_SH_P_M3_ADV" race="player"> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="8"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="5"/> 
                              </equipment> 
                            </create_ship> 
To this

Code: Select all

<create_ship name="this.reward" dockobject="this.dock" typename="SS_SH_P_M6_ADV" race="player"> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="-{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH213}" comment="Removes current Engine Tunings"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="-{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH246}" comment="Removes current Rudder Tunings"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="27" comment="Sets Max Engine Tunings"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="26" comment="Sets Max Rudder Tunings"/> 
                              </equipment> 
                            </create_ship> 
                            <create_ship name="this.reward2" dockobject="this.dock" typename="SS_SH_P_M3_ADV" race="player"> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="-{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH213}" comment="Removes current Engine Tunings"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="-{player.ship.equipment.SS_WARE_TECH246}" comment="Removes current Rudder Tunings"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="20" comment="Sets Max Engine Tunings"/> 
                                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="17" comment="Sets Max Rudder Tunings"/> 
                              </equipment> 
Credit goes to Monthar for the modified code: http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?p=3575973#3575973

With that done click File > Save > Save

At this point you should get a warning that the 3.05 Gamestart Missions.pck already exists confirm that you would like to overwrite this file.

Close the X3 Editor File > Exit

Step 5:
Load X3 back up and turn in the quest at this point if you have done everything correctly the game should give you both the Hyperion & Advanced Perseus with maximum engine and ruder tunings, all the other equipment should remain random.

Note:
I know there will be people that will say you shouldn’t overwrite default game files because you can screw up your installation of the game and they are exactly right, as a general rule you shouldn’t overwrite original files, the correct way to do this is to extract the file mod it and then load the altered file as a mod, unfortunately I’m not familiar enough with the X3 Editor or how to create mods to give instruction on how to do this, but I’m sure there are others here that will be able to give some instructions on how to do that.

The reason I did it this way was because it’s simply easier, and because I see this as more of a bug fix rather than a mod, random equipment is fine because as a player I’ll out fit the ship to my liking anyway, but since in TC there is no way for me to over tune ships really both ships should always come fully over tuned or I should be able to choose what ship I over tune like you can in X3R or X3AP.

Anyway hope you found this useful.
Last edited by Cursed Ghost on Sat, 24. Jan 15, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Max Overtuned Hyperion & Advanced Perseus

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 17:22

Cursed Ghost wrote:....
, it doesn’t give me the modified tag,
you didnt explain on how to change the <signature/> node at the bottom of the File, so i have reason to doubt that :roll:
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Post by Cursed Ghost » Sat, 24. Jan 15, 19:18

you didnt explain on how to change the <signature/> node at the bottom of the File, so I have reason to doubt that :roll:
you are in fact correct I didn't realise Ego changed the way the game displays the modified tag I though it still displayed the same as it did in x2 because normally I don't bother running mods but I just notice my self it in-fact does give the modified tag so I'll correct that in my previous post.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”