Avarice in AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Avarice in AP

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 04:14

This is my first time through the Plot in AP. I've got the HQ in a TL. The Teladi own Avarice but I've heard that the player can own it sometime. I usually put a Spacefuel Complex into Avarice. Would it be smart to wait until you own it?

How exactly can you own it? Thanks!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 05:52

With space fuel being illegal in Teladi space, your complex wouldn't last long. Space weed isn't an issue though. Lately I've been building my illegal production in Hatikvah's Faith northeast and higher than the N-E traffic lanes. Red pirates rarely make it up there but blue ones and smugglers love it. When the occasional pirate fighter groups attack, you have plenty of time to jump in an M6 or TM with fighters to eliminate the problem.

Sinxar
x4

Re: Avarice in AP

Post by Sinxar » Sun, 1. Feb 15, 09:26

Bill Huntington wrote: How exactly can you own it?
I don't think it is possible in AP. In Reunion you could buy it if you had the money handy (1b IIRC).

In AP you get your own unknown sector. I saved my HQ until then but ended up putting it somewhere else and put my corporate HQ in there instead.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 2. Feb 15, 18:07

The unknown sector east to Legend's Home is a good spot to put booze and weed complexes. I've put them there many times and make good money. It is directly north of Avarice, so close to the center of the map.

Also, if you need rep you can bust your customers as they go through Legend's Home..... :twisted:
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Unknown

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 2. Feb 15, 21:11

Thanks all!

Joe McCracken, I saw that sector but I didn't think customers would come. It's outside of regular traffic lanes. The Paranid and all pirates would get attacked by the regular defenses, I believe. Do a lot of customers jump in? Do you make a lot of $ or a little?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 2. Feb 15, 22:05

Most customers don't display themselves as pirates unless you scan them. They're smugglers posing as legit traders. So most won't be attacked until after they're loaded up with illegal goods. This is a win-win for the player. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 2. Feb 15, 22:33

Once they find you there selling the 'needed' wares, you will not have any stock left. I've built a 10x booze and 10x weed plex there and never had any stock available for the occasional mission. Sometimes a pirate base will spawn there too. Personally I haven't found anywhere that I can't make money with booze and weed.*

* as long as it is in unknown or pirate/yaki space, anyway...
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 2. Feb 15, 22:37

Thanks Nanook and Joe. Just what I needed at the moment.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”