Adding a Player HQ to buy - X3TC (Sorry if this has already been covered!)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zoo Witch Project

Adding a Player HQ to buy - X3TC (Sorry if this has already been covered!)

Post by Zoo Witch Project » Wed, 4. Feb 15, 14:33

Hey guys and gals!

Apologies in advance if this is an old subject, I can't find a relevant post despite searching.

Returning to X3TC following a long break and normally play vanilla flavour. Decided to install some mods/scripts to spice things up. I discovered Apricotslices add player HQ/MO mod and have tried to install without success :evil: Unfortunately I can't find explicit install instructions but spotted a post saying xml files should be saved in the director folder which I have done. Is this correct? Otherwise, what do I need to do?

Alternatively, are there any other mods/scripts with easy install instructions I can tap into?

Finally, does anyone recommend the x-tended mod for TC and know if it works for v3.2 of the game (I'm on Steam) or any other similar total conversions with easy to understand install instructions?

Thanks in advance from a technophobe from the original days of Elite on the old BBC home computer days!

**** Zoowitchproject ****
"You think you're pretty smart, huh? Think you can outsmart a bullet?" - Emil Antonowski, Robocop (1987)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 4. Feb 15, 20:17

Zoo Witch Project wrote:I can't find explicit install instructions but spotted a post saying xml files should be saved in the director folder which I have done. Is this correct? Otherwise, what do I need to do?
There are different kinds of xml files and it depends on their content into which folder they should go. At a guess, I would say that file is rather an MSCI script file (does it by any chance start with the word "setup."?) . So it would have to go into the scripts folder. You then need to activate the Script Editor and save and reload your game. If you point me to the download link, I can give you definite response.

Other scripts that let you add stations to shipyards for sale are my add stations script and Cycrow's Cheatpackage.
Zoo Witch Project wrote:Finally, does anyone recommend the x-tended mod for TC and know if it works for v3.2 of the game (I'm on Steam) or any other similar total conversions with easy to understand install instructions?
It's compatible with the latest X3TC version as far as I know. Here you can find XTC installation instructions for a Steam version of X3TC.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Zoo Witch Project

Post by Zoo Witch Project » Wed, 4. Feb 15, 21:57

@X2-Illuminatus

You are a superstar! I downloaded your add stations script and it has worked a dream :D

Additionally, thanks for the link re: XTC. Will install this when it has downloaded.

I've just added the LIFE mod and will be looking out for other mods to enhance the TC experience.

Vielen dank mein freund!

Zoo :)
Last edited by Zoo Witch Project on Wed, 4. Feb 15, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.
"You think you're pretty smart, huh? Think you can outsmart a bullet?" - Emil Antonowski, Robocop (1987)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Wed, 4. Feb 15, 22:05

Sorry, not trying to derail this thread but why TC and no AP?

Now that I've been playing AP for some time (yes, I hate it I had to get it with Steam but there is no other option), I really couldn't go back to TC. My 1440p monitor is just way too big for the tiny TC UI. You can even get the original TC plots within AP (and disable the war logic) if you like those plots better. XTC has an AP compatibility patch too.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Zoo Witch Project

Post by Zoo Witch Project » Wed, 4. Feb 15, 22:38

@memeics

Have to say I didn't even consider AP... Not sure why! Spotted TC on my Steam list and just re-downloaded it :roll: I wanted to try Elite Dangerous to relive my old Commander Jameson/Elite days however my pc gaming is limited to a laptop! I've yet to look into X-Rebirth due to my opinion being skewed by all the negative feedback at release.

Might take your advice and look at AP in the near future. At the minute I'm trying to get my head around the modding/script malarkey and terminology. As I stated in my original post, I always played vanilla!

Thanks for your input mate!

Zoo :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”