Mod for stopping unique stations disappearing?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xerphiel
x3ap

Mod for stopping unique stations disappearing?

Post by Xerphiel » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 15:26

E.g. Unique weapons production stations in Aldrin being removed by GOD, is there a mod that stops this happening for TC/AP?

Thanks,

X.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 17:22

MK3 Improvement
(or OK Traders in Eco-Booster mode)

Xerphiel
x3ap

Post by Xerphiel » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 17:48

Thanks for your reply, most appreciated.

Is this enabled by default in MK3 improvement, or a configurable option?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 17:51

In OK Traders, you have to set some of your traders to be eco-booster traders.

In Mk3 Improvement, the feature is automatic.

Either way, the traders will make sure that trades happen at all stations (which is the key to preventing GoD from destroying stations).

You will need a sufficient fleet, of course, to cover the 'verse. If you build up to 20 or 30 traders, over time, then you should have good coverage (and excellent profitssss).

Xerphiel
x3ap

Post by Xerphiel » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 19:20

It sounds like MK3 is dependent on me building enough traders early on, and in the Aldrin area, or is it NPC traders that are adjusted to trade better and prevent poor economy and loss of stations?

Thanks,

X

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 19:38

Station loss is not a major problem in either TC or AP. It is even less of a problem in AP, where there are more factories and you can purchase most factory types.

If you are concerned specifically about EEMPC factories in Aldrin, then all you have to do is to buy a few EEMPC's.

It really is not an issue if you just play the game normally.

The only station loss situation that I am aware of which may be a concern in a typical game is the Tractor Beam factory in Paranid space. There is only one, so when it goes then it is gone. You will need a Tractor Beam for one of the TC plots, and you may want to have one in your fleet. Otherwise, tractor beams have little value. So just buy a tractor beam early in the game. Or, if your game has already progressed to the point where the tractor beam factory is gone, then you can buy a Tractor Beam Factory at a shipyard. (You will be able to sell Tractor Beams at a profit).

Mk3 Improvement replaces the vanilla Universe Traders. It works almost exactly the same way as vanilla UT's, but all of the bugs are fixed and they are enhanced in some important ways. By having a fleet of traders (UT's or OK Traders), you reduce the likelihood that GoD will ever mark a station for removal.

In other words, station removal is just part of the game. Stimulate the economy, and it won't happen (much). Buy stuff from rare stations, and it will not happen at all.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 20:42

although it was a few years ago back in TC i did some research on the Topic that GoD only mindlessly destroyed Stations and my conclusion was this is completely wrong.

Research method:
Start fresh Game, write the total Station Count in the Universe to a Logfile every IG-Hour, start SETA and leave it running for a day doing nothing

Result: Universe started with about 600 Stations, which got up to 900 very fast in the first few hours, shot a bit over it after that but then settled down to a bit OVER NINE THOUSAND.. erm.. nine hundred for the rest of the Test.

what i not looked after was how much variance was in there (how many stations were built and removed during an IG-Hour), but i think there were many of them..

No idea how and if this changed in AP though, but if you cannt find a certain NPC Station Type you need it may help to wreak havoc in some Sectors to motivate GoD to build more/other Stations (if it still works the same and GoD works towards a desired value for the amount of Stations)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 21:39

The main Problem with God is that it only builds stations which are available at a shipyard in TC, there seems to be a change[fix] for Terran stations in AP.
So if you play TC as I think, you could just mod a shipyard with all unique stations (create some Way to prevent the player buying there) and let it build all these unique stations.
If you don't like this way just spwan them via script or MD as GOD completely ignores stations not created via a map.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

dannyxx30
x4

Post by dannyxx30 » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 23:18

I thought the consensus is to park a ship at stations you want to make sure stay around.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 5. Feb 15, 23:20

That is a popular theme on the Universe forum, although I would call it "controversial" rather than "consensus".

It mostly works, but is a waste of resources and it kind of breaks the game in a minor way. Better to just play the game the way that it was intended. Which means, "buy and sell stuff".

Xerphiel
x3ap

Post by Xerphiel » Fri, 6. Feb 15, 00:02

Thanks all for the responses, very informative.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”