Albion Sectors and Remote Commands (X3AP)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ancienthighway
x4

Albion Sectors and Remote Commands (X3AP)

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 9. Feb 15, 22:10

I hate the Albion Sectors. Every one of them.

They seem to drop all remote navigation commands from random ships and then never let those ships be commanded remotely again.

Drones perpetually move to position and never respond to follow commands for recovery to ships with open docks.

If fighters are launched for an attack, they appear 50 km from the mother ship and completely useless for the combat.

And then after all that, fps drops from barely acceptable to utterly unplayable, but you are stuck there since you can't remote command ships to jump out (drops from stack) and leave fighters, drones, and salvages isolated with no where to go.

Is this a common occurance or unique to me?

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 10. Feb 15, 04:32

Early in my game, I did notice my satellites, and ships, getting knocked out of position whenever I was IS in Albion. I haven't done much in those sectors since concluding the plot.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably stay away from them even more now.

Monstrous Regiment
xr

Post by Monstrous Regiment » Tue, 10. Feb 15, 12:16

Yep I've had this too. In previous savegames I capped several pirate ships there during the plotline. Leaving them to slowly make their way to Albion Gamma, I'd fly around those sectors doing missions. It was really annoying because while out of sector the ships would be right nearly at the gate, when I'd enter the sector they'd get randomly strewn around the place, with their autopilot flying them all over the sector, but nowhere near the gate they were meant to fly though. Now I just do everything remotely, but it can be hard earlier on in the game.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”