AP - Making Neater Complexes

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Monstrous Regiment
xr

AP - Making Neater Complexes

Post by Monstrous Regiment » Tue, 10. Feb 15, 04:09

Hi I've recently got back into playing X3AP and am getting to the stage when I'm starting to build some complexes. The way I currently do it is by sitting in my TL and using the num keys to position stations in line with each other, then lining them with the Complex Construction Kits. However no matter how neatly I place the stations themselves, the linking tubes will often connect them at really odd angles, which on really big complexes makes for a mess of tangled tubes.

Is there a way to get all my stations lined up nicely? I've got the bonus pack but have yet to try the Haephestos Corp, does that make it any neater?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 10. Feb 15, 05:30

I only play TC, but the only real solution I've found that makes me happy is the tubeless nonmod. It doesn't mark game as modded and it just makes all the black spaghetti invisible.

Since I don't have to worry about how the connectors will look I just overlap the stations so they connect exactly the way I want. Big hexagonal grids made of wheat farms are a favorite.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 10. Feb 15, 12:56

In answer to the question about Heph corp yes they do make the stations more compact, though they do charge for the privilege.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”