Corporate HQ ??

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Corporate HQ ??

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 13. Feb 15, 18:07

I just earned the Corporate HQ in AP.

Is there any reason not to take it?

What can you do with it?

Is it worth $27 Mil?

Is it best to hide it or put it in the traffic lanes?

Thanks!
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 13. Feb 15, 18:21

The Corporate HQ is basically a Trading Station. The Argon Free Trading Station is sold for 29mil credits.

Putting up a trading station to handle your production might be worth it for you. It keeps the NPCs from tying up your docking ports on your production stations. But if you consider that type of set up to be superfluous and prefer not to use it, it could just be a warehouse for lasers, missiles, and shields for newly acquired ships. Or just don't bother and make due with the way you do thing without.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Fri, 13. Feb 15, 20:19

Like ancient said, its a trading station. It's cheaper, looks better, and has capital ship docking bays.

I use it as selling point for my bigger complex.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Sat, 14. Feb 15, 17:27

Here's how I use it:
1. Place it in a central sector, not near the edge of the map. You want traders to jump from here to anywhere in the universe. So find a safe sector and place the station not too far from one of the gates. You can use the Xenon Hub to shorten distances, if you have access to that.
2. Use Dock ware manager to add some basic wares worth trading, e.g. Meatsteak Cahoonas, Soja Husk, Rastar Oil. Oh, and Energy Cells, you need those. Set the prices to 1 below average. Start with just a few, you can always add more later.
3. Give the station a few million credits.
4. Assign, say, 9 fast TS's to the station. They will serve as CAG's and need to have jump drives installed and the necessary training.
5. Set maximum jump range on the station, 50. Forbid NPC's from trading at your station.
6. Five of the TS's will serve as buyers. Set them to Shopper under Trade Duties. Personally I also like to use "Only shop in sectors with a satellite: Yes". Set Jumpdrive fuel to 600 and start the CAG. I say 600 because that is enough, in my experience.
7. Four will serve as sellers. Set them to sell under Trade duties, and blacklist Energy Cells. We don't want them to sell EC's because we need them for jumpdrive fuel.

In other words, some TS's will look for cheap wares and bring them to your station. Others will look for good places to sell the same wares. You can have a lot of traders running from the station like this. I find it necessary to have more buyers than sellers, or the sellers will be bored. Apparently the buyers miss more deals than the sellers do.

Whether or not this beats UT's for profit - I'm not sure. But you have better control over what they trade and where.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 14. Feb 15, 17:33

Not too useful, only a trading station with capship docks, but gives you the feeling of "having a home".

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 14. Feb 15, 20:46

Lorric wrote:Here's how I use it:
1. Place it in a central sector, not near the edge of the map. You want traders to jump from here to anywhere in the universe. So find a safe sector and place the station not too far from one of the gates. You can use the Xenon Hub to shorten distances, if you have access to that.
2. Use Dock ware manager to add some basic wares worth trading, e.g. Meatsteak Cahoonas, Soja Husk, Rastar Oil. Oh, and Energy Cells, you need those. Set the prices to 1 below average. Start with just a few, you can always add more later.
3. Give the station a few million credits.
4. Assign, say, 9 fast TS's to the station. They will serve as CAG's and need to have jump drives installed and the necessary training.
5. Set maximum jump range on the station, 50. Forbid NPC's from trading at your station.
6. Five of the TS's will serve as buyers. Set them to Shopper under Trade Duties. Personally I also like to use "Only shop in sectors with a satellite: Yes". Set Jumpdrive fuel to 600 and start the CAG. I say 600 because that is enough, in my experience.
7. Four will serve as sellers. Set them to sell under Trade duties, and blacklist Energy Cells. We don't want them to sell EC's because we need them for jumpdrive fuel.

In other words, some TS's will look for cheap wares and bring them to your station. Others will look for good places to sell the same wares. You can have a lot of traders running from the station like this. I find it necessary to have more buyers than sellers, or the sellers will be bored. Apparently the buyers miss more deals than the sellers do.

Whether or not this beats UT's for profit - I'm not sure. But you have better control over what they trade and where.
I guess this would be the result of what he said:
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc ... 633C1C561/
Tho this is CPHQ used as selling point for my "make everything plex" and npcs are allowed to trade with it hence the massive traffic.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 15. Feb 15, 04:32

A problem with the CHQ is, it seems to only have 10 docking ports.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”