[X3AP] So good to be back! + advice please

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ezephkiel
x3ap

[X3AP] So good to be back! + advice please

Post by Ezephkiel » Sun, 15. Feb 15, 14:58

Oh boy ive missed this game!

Been a few years now since ive had a computer and i didn't realised how much ive missed it.

Been doing a piratey start milling around Hatikvahs collecting salvage and stealing ships and recently witnessed a Brigantine duke it out with a Collosus and Cerberus with a bunch of fighters on each side.

The Brigantine smashed the Collosus to pieces with the fighters dog fighting around them, whilst the Cerberus turned tail and ran! Love the random nature of it all.

Anyway ive decided this time to play a bit different and pirate Boron and Argon ships. Ive only been hitting Boron so far, but boy there's alot of tasty Argon traders about, with all their corporation flavour.

Now i've found CLS software in Priests Pity and I think I can get most other things else where. But what am I to do about jumpdrives? I've bought about 5 so far and can't wait any longer, im itching to start picking on the smug argons.

Is it super rare to get jumpdrives from captured ships? Im not really up for seesawing my rank with them every now and again just to buy one. Rather make them red and keep them that way!

I know mods and cheating is a possibility, but its my first time back in a while and just want to play vanilla for a bit.

I also assume the plots will not be available for me if the argons are my enemy? I suppose ill make another game to play them at a later date (not to urgent at the mo)

Thanks all, good to be back in the universe!

Ez

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 15. Feb 15, 16:11

With jumpdrives being sold at Argon based facilities and one Boron facility, your only reliable source for jumpdrives is the Terrans. Kill Argons in Terran owned war sectors and boost up your rep with them.

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Mon, 16. Feb 15, 11:40

ancienthighway wrote:With jumpdrives being sold at Argon based facilities and one Boron facility, your only reliable source for jumpdrives is the Terrans. Kill Argons in Terran owned war sectors and boost up your rep with them.
And this will also allow playing through the plots while happily killing Argons :)

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 16. Feb 15, 14:40

^yep, since argon are pretty much sleezy terrorists in AP, feel free to join terrans and go crazy on argons and since borons are in alliance with argon on that... that's just gravy.

And you'll have most powerful ships at your disposal. So that's some more gravy on top of gravy.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 16. Feb 15, 22:10

And don't forget the Goners as a source for jumpdrives. True, you may have to brave a whole Argon fleet to get there, but the Goners will let you dock and buy jumpdrives, transporter devices and salvage insurance as long as you're not mean to them. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Ezephkiel
x3ap

Post by Ezephkiel » Wed, 18. Feb 15, 09:30

Cool, thanks for the tips.

Ye just recently stumbled upon the goners! Luckily I haven't targeted them yet for piracy!

Decided to start the plot and hold off on wailing on the argons but now I might start a bit on irresistable booty.

Managed to get to the point where I have to supply 200 computer components with only killing 2 sabres. And 1 pirate in the albion sectors, Ha, aiding the war effort my ass. Terrans don't like me but still dont attack me openly yet. Does Terran rep increase when whacking argons in all the war sectors or just ones closest to their space?

If rep is as easy to increase as decrease ill get those components from some tasty argon traders then.

Thanks, Ez

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”