Supplying the player HQ

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DARCA1213
x4

Supplying the player HQ

Post by DARCA1213 » Fri, 20. Feb 15, 23:12

I have my head quarters and a few factories of my own supplying it. The only problem is it still cost me money. Whenever a freighter of mine docks and "sells" anything, the cost it is deducted from my account and not credited to my other station either.
I've lost millions of credits to this oversight of mine, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong or if its a bug.
If anyone knows how to supply the HQ without draining my account please help. I was just using a regular sell ware for best price and the dock ware manager.
DARCA ;)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 01:54

I don't understand what you're describing.
Whenever a freighter of mine docks and "sells" anything
Docks where? Your own station? NPC station?

If one of your ships sells anything there is no money deducted anywhere other than the station it sold to, that station is effectively buying what the trader ship is selling so it has to pay for it. The money payed to the trader ship is going to your player account or, if the trader ship has a homebase set, to the station that is the homebase of that trader ship.

Similarly, if a trader ship is buying anything, it has to pay for those goods. The money it pays is deducted either from the player account if the trader ship has no homebase set, or from the station account the trader ship has as a homebase. The payed money is transferred to the account of the station it bought from.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

DARCA1213
x4

Post by DARCA1213 » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 05:48

What happened was I have freighters going from one of my stations, to my HQ. Each station had money in there accounts. Once the freighters land and unload the goods, money is taken from the HQ account, and credited to my other station.
I have to keep manually shifting money to refill the station. Because I have millions of credits worth of wares going through it every half hour or less, its always running out of money.
Is there a way to automatically add money to a stations account?
DARCA ;)

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 06:06

Right, that's working as intended.

In vanilla I think there is a command in the station "Advanced -> Commands" section, something like "automated money transfer". It will ask you for 4 things:
- minimum amount to keep in the station
- maximum amount to keep in the station
- minimum amount to keep in the player account (so it won't bankrupt you just because it wants to keep the station supplied with money)
- and something I don't remember :)

Anyway, you'll figure it out (ex. I usually set the same value for the min/max for the station).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 09:12

memeics wrote:In vanilla I think there is a command in the station "Advanced -> Commands" section, something like "automated money transfer". It will ask you for 4 things:
The vanilla command to automatically transfer money from stations only asks for one thing: a money limit. Everything over that limit will be transferred to the player account. The Commercial Agent, if you have that installed, has an enhanced money transfer feature (see the station settings section in the readme).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Sat, 21. Feb 15, 09:32

I didn't have CAG installed but maybe the extended "automatic money transfer" was because of the Xtended Mod I was playing at the time. Sorry for the misinformation then.

Never playing vanilla makes it hard to know what's in vanilla :)
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”