X3 Reunion 2.0 Installation Error SOLVED - Installshield Failure Windows 8

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Figureoflife

X3 Reunion 2.0 Installation Error SOLVED - Installshield Failure Windows 8

Post by Figureoflife » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 19:12

I am installing X3 Reunion 2.0 from disc on Windows 8. Whether running from the 'install' command on the start menu or using Setup.exe from the disc, the Installshield encounters the error at the bottom. I've followed some advice I found on clearing out temporary files and scanning for corrupt files. Help?

An error (-5009: 0x8002802b) has occurred while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished any previous setup and closed other applications. If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Enlight Software.
Last edited by Figureoflife on Mon, 23. Feb 15, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 19:42

I think this similar issue and workaround may give you some ideas for further attempts.

If it works then please do all the game update patching *before* trying to run the game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Figureoflife

Post by Figureoflife » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 21:54

I don't think that applies unfortunately. No install can even begin. After clicking OK on the error message, the box closes and that is the end of it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 22:09

You can try a copy-and-paste of the files directly from the disk into a gamefolder that you set up. See this for ideas (this is for X2 but the basic principle should be the same for Egosoft's X3:R). Remember to patch fully before trying the game!

I am worried that you seem to have the 'Enlight' US version rather than an Egosoft disk-based version and so this may not work either if Enlight packages its files differently as mentioned in the linked thread! You might have to check or ask for help on the Enlight site if it is still operating for X3:R.

Figureoflife

Post by Figureoflife » Sun, 22. Feb 15, 23:16

I moved all the files into a program files (x86)\Egosoft file, downloaded the 2.5 patch, and set up a desktop shortcut. I now receive the message: IMGDLL.dll is missing. I can see the file in the data folder.

Figureoflife

Post by Figureoflife » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 02:13

SOLVED - Thanks for the help! The problem and solution are summarized below for anyone who finds this.

PROBLEM: The installshield failed, preventing normal installation, whether from the X3.exe or setup.exe.

SOLUTION: I copied all of the files from the disc over to a folder that I created called C:\Program Files (x86)\EgoSoft. I downloaded the 2.5 patch before running the game and then ran the X3.exe from WITHIN the data folder (not the X3.exe within the EgoSoft folder).

Thanks again!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Feb 15, 11:03

Great to hear that and thanks for the detailed steps to solve the problem. :)

Vyar
x3

Post by Vyar » Fri, 8. May 15, 22:04

@Figureoflife

THANKS A LOT!!! tried half a day to install :evil:

cmd...repairs...OMG "iGdi.dll"...Star Force Protection...install...uninstall...

IT WORKS! exactly like above!

i am using Win 7 x64

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”