X3AP: How to distribute Jumpdrives?!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snowtiger2.0
x4

X3AP: How to distribute Jumpdrives?!

Post by Snowtiger2.0 » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 12:30

Pretty much every ship you send around with commands can now automatically use a jumpdrive. Not to even mention Universe Traders and Commercial Agents.
But how do i get all those Jumpdrives for my new ships?

I don't really have to fly them halfway across the Universe, do i? Can the Supply Command Software or the Commodity Logistics transport multiple drives?

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 13:23

I'm afraid you do have to fly them around, well not you personally but yup, they do need to be directed, only 1 Drive at any one time per ship. Fortunately there are a number of places where Drives can be obtained so it's just a case of directing ships that need them to the closest source you have found and away you go :)

Snowtiger2.0
x4

Post by Snowtiger2.0 » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 14:04

As far as i'm aware the north-east corner of the universe is rather starved for jumpdrives, with closest options available in the south-east - where the way is blocked by Xenon sectors?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 14:37

I load up 4 Discos with all the various software I'll need on any new ship I buy or make. I'll use a TM loaded with e-cells to move them to the various docks to get everything, then jump that into the sector with the shipyard I'll be buying ships at. The Discos fly to the shipyard, then the TM does too. Transfer upgrades and energy and send the new ships on their way.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 15:35

ancienthighway wrote:I load up 4 Discos with all the various software I'll need on any new ship I buy or make. I'll use a TM loaded with e-cells to move them to the various docks to get everything, then jump that into the sector with the shipyard I'll be buying ships at. The Discos fly to the shipyard, then the TM does too. Transfer upgrades and energy and send the new ships on their way.
+1. I call them JD-Taxis :mrgreen:

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 16:41

zazie wrote:
ancienthighway wrote:I load up 4 Discos with all the various software I'll need on any new ship I buy or make. I'll use a TM loaded with e-cells to move them to the various docks to get everything, then jump that into the sector with the shipyard I'll be buying ships at. The Discos fly to the shipyard, then the TM does too. Transfer upgrades and energy and send the new ships on their way.
I call mine the Pilot's Ready Deck, as it also brings experienced CLS pilots to transfer to the new ships.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:40

zazie wrote:
I'll see your TM and raise you an Elephant ;) not that I've ever equipped 14 ships with JDs at a time but saves going back too often for more
Timsup2nothin wrote:also brings experienced CLS pilots to transfer to the new ships.
This is good advice too, I go to Herron's Nebula and "hire" a few Cargo Messengers.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 07:11

Hi,
zazie wrote:
Is the Kestrel still around in AP? They are my weapon of choice in TC for this. Especially in Aldrin I have them always docked in the shipyard to outfit newly bought Springblossoms.

As for TS (also in TC): I only buy OTAS Mistral, and have a large ship full of e-cells docked in the shipyard. Then I jump them to the nearest Teladi eq dock for final outfitting.

cu
Rainer

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 16:59

Edit: wrong window :oops:
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

LocTheToker
x3tc

Post by LocTheToker » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 11:42

In my current game I had a TM called JD Boa doing this function for me, and I didn't watch it carefully enough, and it got blown up. Oh well no big deal right... OH WAIT... It had my advanced mamba on it lol. I caught it way to late to even consider reloading, but in time to get the only other one I know of in the whole game.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 17:01

I use a Hyperion for boarding purposes then have it recover its fighter from the target ship as it makes its way to the chosen shipyard for disposal. If you are keeping the target ship I then jump the Hyperion to Terra corp or Atreus to purchase another jump drive for its recovered fighter.

This allows for multiple boarding ops in quick succession.

WishmasterSR

Post by WishmasterSR » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 23:18

For boarding ops I use a three ship layout for M6s and M7s. A heavy dragon for shield eating (has 600MJ of shields, is pretty agile and fast). It does all the combat. The sirokos waits a couple of kilometres away to launch the pods when everything is preped. Jumpdrives are distributed from fighters landed on my Griffon Sentinel. It can holds up to 9 fighters so up to 9 jumpdrives together with a loads of ECs. I do not have to leave the hunting grounds until I run out of jumpdrives.

A small M7M carrier could be used to refit any and all new ships. Just jump in, transfer the necessary equipment from you fighters and rebuy it again later. Most equipment for traders can be fond in Argon Prime (equipment dock) + Home of Light (The HQ station that's there). Docking computers and similar stuff are useless for NPC flown ships as far as I know anyway.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”