explorer command software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dannyxx30
x4

explorer command software

Post by dannyxx30 » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:21

I've just sent the Advanced Jaguar to map Aldrin and set the range to 5000km, which is almost twice the sector size (2288km).

What's the best range to set it to?

I don't know if this is going to send it 5000 km up and 5000 km down??

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:28

You only need to map a little beyond the furthest gate. Beyond that, there's very little, if anything, to find. At most, have it map to twice the radius of the furthest gate and you'll uncover everything there is to find, including any distant pirate bases.

Besides, it'll take almost forever for you map 5000 km, even if you could. Problem is, the sectors are limited to a max of 4000 km radius, at which point any ship will 'wrap around' to the other side. Then again, it'll take hours real time for even a Kestrel to reach the edge, at which point, it can get a bit 'squirrelly' if you fly it yourself. In other words, don't bother. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Aldrin

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 5. Mar 15, 21:40

Aldrin is unique. Most sectors have the stations near the ecliptic. Aldrin has many that are 100km off the ecliptic. It would be smart to pick points 30 km apart and work your way around Aldrin, with a search range of 25 or 30. You would have to do that for each altitude too: 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, then plus and minus. And it's very different if you are there, since collision control is turned off if you're not and the planet is there. Without collision control, ships take a shortcut to the other side Through The Planet.

You can see far distances with Aldrin if you choose to do it yourself. Other pilots have done the mapping. If you ask for an Aldrin map, someone will post it. Like all sectors, if you don't use a Station, many of them disappear. If you have money, buy ten or more Rapiers and park them in the stations you want. That might be all of them. Sometimes I jump into Aldrin in an Elephant with a lot of Rapiers and assign them to their stations from the very beginning. You can use Aldrin to train new Traders, especially if you use Springblossoms. Aldrin can handle two easily. I train SBs up to level 10, then send them to the Terran sectors as Local Traders.

Check on the EEMPC immediately. It's better for you if you can keep that one.

Good luck.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

dannyxx30
x4

Post by dannyxx30 » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 23:45

Nanook wrote:You only need to map a little beyond the furthest gate.
Is there a gate in Aldrin??

I've given up with the Explorer for now, it couldn't find the bottom shipyard and have 2 Springblossoms sector traders (thanks Bill) in there, but I'll probably jump in there and explore the rest myself if I can be bothered :P

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 00:55

Aldrin is special. As for mapping it, this needs to be done by issuing commands manually to your explorers. Fastest way is to use 5-6 Kestrels with the explorer software and triplex scanner. Then have them explore the full width of the sector, starting at the center, (unzoomed) at 30-40 km vertical separations. That's what it will take to fully discover all the stations.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 06:58

Hi,
dannyxx30 wrote:
Nanook wrote:You only need to map a little beyond the furthest gate.
Is there a gate in Aldrin??

I've given up with the Explorer for now, it couldn't find the bottom shipyard and have 2 Springblossoms sector traders (thanks Bill) in there, but I'll probably jump in there and explore the rest myself if I can be bothered :P
X3TC: There is no gate in Aldrin. During the Aldrin missions the first accelerator to Aldrin2 shows up, shortly afterward Aldrin2 gets its gate to TUS1. At that point you need to redo the exploration to find all the other accelerators. And as Nanook said: Use several Kestrels.

cu
Rainer

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 23:15

Another way to map Aldrin is to have a kestrel or some other fast ship tail some of the merchants.

After a couple-few hours, they should have found most if not all stations. Especially if they have Triplex scanners.
-- GD

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”