X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin
x4

X3TC / X3AP Patch 2015

Post by Bernd » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 14:28

Hi there,

after our work on the 3.50 update for X Rebirth will soon be finished, we are currently considering to also start working on another update for the X3 games (X3TC and/or X3AP in particular).

One idea that we thought about a lot was to make better use of the ability to draw graphs and use them for station information logging (prices / ware amounts etc)

So I wanted to use this opportunity to ask about your ideas and wishes or maybe existing mods that you would want us to integrate. Please post in this thread and I will try to read and see if maybe one or two things can make it into the development. Obviously the chances for it to happen rapidly reduce if the idea requires big asset changes.

Looking forward to your ideas...

-Bernd
---
-Bernd Lehahn, bernd@egosoft.com

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 14:58

Hi there,

Thanks for the opportunity. If possible, bug fixes to the Mk3 Trading Software along the lines of the work of gnasirator would be welcome. In particlar, thing's like using the Blacklist when needing to refuel or calculate a new trade run if on arrival, an existing one failed.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3776344

Regards,
Sparks

Grape
x3ap

Post by Grape » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 15:49

I would just love to see the larger System Map and Panels that we get in AP for TC, that would be awesome 8)

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 16:12

Please allow the selection of multiple mods on the launcher.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=325812

Please allow the gaining of reputation with Goners.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=362803

Please look at the L3 forums.
I am not sure this is something that needs fixed but here it is.

This 'issue' has bugged me for a long time. The suns in some sectors look strange. Almost like the sun texture is in front of the glow effect. Here is what I mean:

[ external image ]

The top image is the strange looking sun, the bottom is a normal sun.

But again, I am not sure this is an issue or intended.
Can't wait to see what the patch brings!
Last edited by Sinxar on Tue, 6. Dec 16, 19:37, edited 2 times in total.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 16:43

[TC]

Please fix scripting on the police who spawn for a failed <return abandoned ship> mission. They are totally focused on the stolen ship, so if you park it in a station and fly in with a different ship they are basically pinatas. If they just spawned as 'hostile to all player property' those missions would be a lot more interesting.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 16:58

Integrate the cockpit mod, and turn off collision damage for non-player piloted ships.

Amen. :)

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 17:20

id like to see the M2+ and the M6 weapon reactor upgrade from AP ported back to TC as well as the ability to upgrade at a shipyard
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 18:47

Primarily for AP (but lets not exclude TC):

I second EUIV's cockpit proposal.

Have the Best Buy Software not only list the cheapest sellers but show a list of all places selling all wares in that sector with the lowest on top. E.g. have The Wall list all 4 SPP's and their prices.

Have the Best Sell Software not only list the highest buyer but show a list off all buyers with the highest on top. And please do not only list wares currently in your piloted ship, but all wares bought in that sector.

Have all NPC shipyards function like the Player Shipyard so you can actually supply it with wares. Shipyard uses wares to build ships until it's "showroom" is stocked. Shipyard use wares to build stations, which also uses some time.

Remove all secondary resources in factories. Make them a primary resources and also add them to player stations.

Actual warzones between Argon/Paranid and Boron/Split, enhanced with sector takeovers (without attacking player property).

Although I'm not really interested in the FIGHT part, having the ability, as a player, to really take over a sector is interesting.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 19:21

Graaf wrote:

Remove all secondary resources in factories. Make them a primary resources and also add them to player stations.
you realize this would essentially triple the number of station to make a complex work, right?
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 19:35

Also, prices of wares would have to be completly re-worked.

western
x3tc

Post by western » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:02

How about helping out frame rates for complex builders and introducing 'L' and 'XL' factories as per Ashleys' mod for X3R.

Being able to have, for instance, an XL Crystal Fab (at a proportional increase in price), sure helps with frame rates!
If things don't change, they'll stay as they are.

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:14

Could you allow the building of gates and gate networks ? There is a mod which does this and it was really useful.
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

King Henry VIII- Tudors TV series

My virtual presence. Depressing isn't it ? :P
https://linktr.ee/scarrior

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Lasertower settings

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:17

Now you can't change the setting "Show as enemy if enemy to me" for Lasertowers under the Global commands. Lasertowers would be much more useful as fixed defenses if this was allowed.

Thanks
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 20:53

One particular thing could be changed - AI is not capable of charging turrets!
Capital ship turrets that carry Photon-pulse-cannons or Point-singularity-projectors need to be used directly by player, to achieve their full potential.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Fri, 6. Mar 15, 22:29

That is a waste of DPS for all guns but the PSP.

One thing that is actually useful and could be done easily is visible reputation for pirates & yakis.
Right on commander !

sunu
x4

Post by sunu » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 00:39

Sinxar wrote:Please fix the Albion Prelude CAG script in the bonus pack.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=333175
A new bonus pack with all the updated versions of scripts would be nice.

Sinxar wrote:Please allow the gaining of reputation with Goners.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=362803!
Also this.

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Integrate the cockpit mod, and turn off collision damage for non-player piloted ships.
Please no. Keep re... features out of here.

dannyxx30
x4

Post by dannyxx30 » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 00:54

Optimisation for 64bit OS's.

The ability to access how much credits your automated traders have made.

Have the new ships and stations from AP put in TC.

Have the TC plots for AP made officially or have the TC plots for AP mod included as part of the bonus pack so it doesn't give the modified tag.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 02:44

Actually, how about just getting rid of the 'bonus pack' by incorporating it into the game? Not that the bonus pack isn't a great thing, but there are aspects that could be better integrated...like mosquito defense being an option for AI pilots and bonus pack equipments being included in the tables of possible equipment on capped ships, etc. That sort of thing is unwieldy in an add on script, but should be fairly easy in an integrated package.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 03:16

Adding/updating stuff for those old game? You gotta be kidding me, Bernd!
Anyway. Playing your game: All I want in TC are fabs for disruptor missles, PBGs and ILs.

And while you're at it: I like disruptor missles in Reunion, too. :roll:
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Greenhorn
x3ap

Post by Greenhorn » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 04:18

Hi , Bernd, egosoft. how about ideas and wishes like:.

Add more pandora tunings to the game.there so im possible too find.specificantly add engine tunings. i only found 2 of these.

I want to see exotic factorys like hammerhead missle.banshee factorys, Phased Array Laser Cannon that can be bought by player.or just a, ai facilitys ...

Stockmarket- player can invest in any of the the 7 um 8 major corporations,and over time, poof,new, unique ai facilitys in corportion sectors.

Albion Prelude CAG needs fix.
Goner rep needs fix.
Hept corp fix. and no longer max limit of 125.

Yaki,purchaseable facilitys.i didnt choose the mission offer,sadly, where i can have yaki unique stations too purchase.

Ive finished the end the war. terran-argon plot finallly.how about 1 or 2 more plots?.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”