Weird problem with clean installation of AP steam edition - resolved

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Michallesio
x3ap

Weird problem with clean installation of AP steam edition - resolved

Post by Michallesio » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 15:09

Some time ago I played TC and AP with quite a few mods. I stopped playing and uninstalled them and removed everything related to them from my computer. I even reinstalled the system in the meantime so I'm sure there were no traces left

Now I'd like to start a new AP game with one of the total conversion mods, which require clean install, but when I downloaded AP from steam it already had all the modification I did long time ago...???

How to get a completely clean install again? Is there an option in steam that allows me to do that? I thought it would have something to do with steam cloud but I cannot find the option to switch it off

Can anyone advise what can I do?

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 11. Mar 15, 15:34

Hi. For Steam cloud control open the Steam Client, click the top left Steam tab, click settings and select the Cloud tab ...

A really clean reinstall method is detailed at the end of this and includes things such as the Virtual Store. This is best done after disabling Cloud back-up - but that usually only relates to gamesaves anyway.

That all said, I still think you may have somehow reloaded or left a copy of your old modded gamefolder.

Hint: Once you get a clean vanilla copy in your Steam folder, do not modifiy that but copy it elsewhere. Only modify the copy while keeping a pristine Steam vanilla version for future use and as a clean source for game copies for further mods.

Good luck!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Michallesio
x3ap

Post by Michallesio » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 13:05

Hi Alan,
thank you for your reply.
I made it work somehow. There must have been some leftovers,like you said, but finally I was able to make a clean install
Thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”