Abandoned Xenon Interceptor - is my game borked?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Abandoned Xenon Interceptor - is my game borked?

Post by GlassDeviant » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 06:05

I found a Xenon ship called just "Interceptor", it's blue/purple and not attacking, but I can't claim it.

This game was started under X3AP 1.0, and then I upgraded to 3.1, and for some reason the Claim option in the target menu is greyed out. Am I SOL because of the upgrade?

I also lost my mission to start the Terran storyline when I upgraded and have no idea how to restart it. Don't really care about that, I can always start a new game, but I want this ship lol.
bibo ergo sum

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 06:24

Are you spacewalking and within ±30m range?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 07:31

GlassDeviant wrote:I found a Xenon ship called just "Interceptor", it's blue/purple and not attacking, but I can't claim it.
The Interceptor is a Khaak ship.
GlassDeviant wrote:This game was started under X3AP 1.0, and then I upgraded to 3.1, and for some reason the Claim option in the target menu is greyed out. Am I SOL because of the upgrade?
If it's not a problem with the distance to the target, as Graaf pointed out, than the reason for this might be a bug, which was present in early versions of X3AP and which caused abandoned ships to be created with the wrong owner.
GlassDeviant wrote:I also lost my mission to start the Terran storyline when I upgraded and have no idea how to restart it. Don't really care about that, I can always start a new game, but I want this ship lol.
The Terran plotline was first added with update 2.5, so I don't know what Terran storyline you refer to that would have been present in version 1.0 already. However, as with all plots, there are certain requirements you have to meet to be able to start them.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sat, 21. Mar 15, 20:08

I could be mistaken about which plotline it was, but it had been triggered to start already. When I loaded the save after upgrading it was removed from my missions list. I will just assume it's been either messed up or reset. Anyway, I am putting together a collection of mods to install and restarting so it's moot.
bibo ergo sum

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”