X3 Reunion: keeps losing recognition/reputation - "You have lost recognition"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dv.underworld
xr

X3 Reunion: keeps losing recognition/reputation - "You have lost recognition"

Post by dv.underworld » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 17:41

Hi,

I've ran into a problem with keeping losing the recognition/reputation for the Split race.
The game keeps screaming that "You have lost recognition" event every few 1-3 minutes, dropping their % rank quite fast.

I'm already quite spreaded out over the game's universe.
These are the only static things I have in Split territory:
- Just one big factory complex in one Split sector.
- Having a clusters of lasertowers at jump gates of another two Split sectors.
- Plus usual TP traffic & my military patrols (various M1, M6, M3 groups)
- Plus having a satellite in each sector of the universe.

I already tried to recall all UT & my military ships into one or two separate sectors, to rule these out of being the cause - didn't helped.
I've also tried to retrieve all lasertower clusters deployed in Split sectors - didn't helped either.
Have also found a similar older discussion http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2403567 , suggesting to transmit my Friend/Foe settings to all reachable property of mine (already well known setting to me), also didn't helped.
Also manually reviewing every Split sector for anything unusual, but nothing interesting was found.

Ain't there please any sort of ingame log or debugging, which could help me trace the source of this recognition/reputation loss?

Thx in advance.

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 18:16

Although I haven't played Reunion, this has happened to me in TC and AP. The only thing that I've found to stop this downward spiral is to load to a previous save before this happens and try to find the root cause. If you don't, then it will continue getting worse.

Somewhere someone in your employ shot a split property, which pissed off their Split friends so now they will take potshots at your property, which in turn, return those potshots, thereby more Split get upset at more of your property and start shooting more of your property around the universe...... ect... ect....

In my experience, it will snowball. If you don't care about the Split, Now is the time to wipe them out across the universe... If you do care, you will most likely have to reload.

That's my two cents worth...

Hope it helps...
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 23. Mar 15, 18:27

Yes my advice is mainly based on XTC/X3AP behaviour too.

Start by sending a global command to reset all your property's Split friend/foe to friend.

Can you then look in your property listing to see what ships or stations are still losing shield points? (They were probably actively involved in the aggression so far and so may identify the area to look at first.)

If I recall correctly, it can all start going wrong just by a Split ship accidentally colliding with one of your ships or stations while the player ship is in-sector ...

You might have to do some apologising if there is not a convenient earlier save.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Problems with LTs

Post by Bill Huntington » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 00:50

In theory Lasertowers (LT) are a great gate defense. In theory the Global Friend-Foe settings can be reset easily. But neither is true in practice. If a Split is red to you for any stupid reason, like a collision, then the LTs will fire at him coming through the gate. Then he fires back, then all Split are the enemy, then all the LTs fire at all Splits.

I've checked the LT settings after doing a Global reset. Sometimes they only work for the first 5 or 10. If you don't get them all, your situation will keep happening. If you use a small number of LT, you can reset them manually and be sure. But if you use a small number, they aren't effective.

The big problem is 'Show as Enemy if Enemy to Me'. You can't set this Globally for LTs.

I only use LTs in limited situations outside of regular traffic lanes. They are a devastating weapon when used in blocks of 50 or 100. But Egosoft is going to give us the perfect weapon, are they?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 03:55

Alan Phipps wrote:If I recall correctly, it can all start going wrong just by a Split ship accidentally colliding with one of your ships or stations while the player ship is in-sector ...
Yeah this is a real issue.

Split ship crashes into your station and the police see it as an act of aggression, so they open fire on it to stop its murderous rampage which causes other things to shoot the Split back.

dv.underworld
xr

Post by dv.underworld » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 22:28

Thank you guys, all of you.

After some time, I've managed to find the root cause.
While following the main storyline, I got to one Split sector.
There was no shooting, just visits to two their stations.
Something must've got screwed up in there, causing this reputation loss for their race.
Though I've been in that particular sector since then, now when I got there, and into the close of those same two stations I visited first, then it finally stopped.
Also right after I entered that Split sector, I checked those two stations remotely, and couldn't find there any e.g. ship or so (especially no ship of mine), which could be hitting the station.
So, I don't know what exactly caused it, but I'm glad it's gone.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”