Station in God mod?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

astreus
xr

Station in God mod?

Post by astreus » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 16:04

I made a station build mission and deployed a solar plant in Nopileos' Memorial.

Next time travelling trough this esctor I saw a 2 Split capitals shooting at this station. Ok, it's a pirate station (?) so they do what they used to do....
But they can't detroy it. With shields down to zero the station hull keeps at 93%.

Some time after, I visit the sector again. Now a fleet of Split and Argon still shooting at this indestructible station, hull still at 93%.

It's not a big deal but I guess this senseless firing waste my CPU power, or?

I had this 'special' somtimes in other gamestarts, same sector, so it is not a matter of just one 'special' gamsstart.

As time goes by, this station 'collects' more and more ships trying to detroy it. Funny to look at, but not fun for the CPU performance.

Any known solution?

AP, no mods.
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 16:20

Plot-related stations are indestructible.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 16:35

This was a problem introduced in X3AP 3.0 that was fixed in update 3.1.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 19:45

No it wasn't. I'm running 3.1 and several stations I placed on missions in Pirate sectors came under assault and became indestructible the same way.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 20:02

@ Jimmy C: It *was* fixed in that 3.1 update for me as I had several invulnerable NPC stations from X3AP vanilla 3.0 that were normalised by the update. I haven't seen any more since (apart from plot ones) and I do see a few Pirate-owned stations built by myself in Pirate sectors killed by the Commonwealth patrols - so I go and build some more to refill the gaps for extra cash and added Pirate rep. :twisted:

Maybe check your gamefile caches for TC and AP?

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 20:15

update: It doesn't matter if the station is built by me in the past from a mission or not. Now in another game start, I find that in the (same) pirate sectors between Aladna Hill and Elenas Fortune, there (sometimes) stations under fire by Argon or Split or Paranid forces - they can't destroy it, it keep's at 93% hull.

This station have nothing to do with plots or missions at this time. In fact, in other game starts I saw same stations explode, destroyed.

It seems sometime the very same station will be destroyed at another time it keeps at 93% hull standing.
:?:
I have steam, there should be all updates aktive. (-> X3 AP )

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 22:21

I am not seeing that myself in vanilla as various stations along that Pirate corridor regularly get attacked and wiped out by Split or Argon task forces in my game. Please post a link to a vanilla save made in a sector with the issue active and perhaps I could get one of the writers of the X3AP 3.x plots to take a look. I cannot promise anything though.

BTW, did you separately verify the Steam X3TC and X3AP gamefile caches as I advised?

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Sat, 11. Apr 15, 19:48

Don't know what you mean with caches..? Have to check.....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”