How do I purchase/transfer goods from my own factory to my ships?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

devilham
x3ap

How do I purchase/transfer goods from my own factory to my ships?

Post by devilham » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 00:05

I can't seem to figure this out, and sorry to say, can't seem to find it on the forums (search is cryptic)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 00:15

Edit: wrong suggestion.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Sat, 28. Mar 15, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

devilham
x3ap

Post by devilham » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 00:17

yeah, I tried transfer (as there is no 'trade' option when I land a friendly ship) and it only allows me to transfer freight between owned ships docked there, not with the factory.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 04:37

But there is a trade option for your ship on owned stations. It works just like at an NPC station, except there's no credit exchange.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 06:25

It's called....errrrm...adjust station parameters, I think. Same thing you use to change the prices on your resources and products or transfer funds, but if you do it with a docked ship you can also adjust inventory which transfers the goods. It is at the same spot on the menu as "trade" when you dock at an NPC station. 2nd from the top I am (almost) sure.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 14:36

Yes.

Tim has it correct. Dock your ship at your station. Select Adjust Station Parameters, and then it should be obvious. You'll see ship's cargo.

Using CAG or CLS orders, for waypoints for repeating orders, use the Load and Unload commands:
Fly to Station A
Load Ore up to (choice)
Fly to station B
Unload Ore up to (choice)

devilham
x3ap

Post by devilham » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 16:36

yup, that was it! Thanks guys.....what's the point of having a missile factory if you can't reap the rewards???!!!!???

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 28. Mar 15, 17:39

Monkeyfister wrote:Yes.

Tim has it correct. Dock your ship at your station. Select Adjust Station Parameters, and then it should be obvious. You'll see ship's cargo.

Using CAG or CLS orders, for waypoints for repeating orders, use the Load and Unload commands:
Fly to Station A
Load Ore up to (choice)
Fly to station B
Unload Ore up to (choice)
You can also use CLS in this way to transfer credits between your ship account and the station account, or between the station account and the station account of the ship's homeport, by substituting buy/sell for load/unload.

For example, since you mentioned a missile factory...

You can use a CAG to supply the factory with resources, using the station account to pay for them. But if you are keeping the missiles for yourself instead of selling them, you will have to regularly transfer funds into the station account or the CAG will not be able to buy resources when the station goes broke. If you use a CLS (with no home port) to buy the missiles it will keep the station funded automatically out of your ship account. If you homeport that CLS to one of your stations that is profitable enough that station will effectively pay for your missile supply for you.

There are other ways to automate that, but I use that one a lot.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

rankstar
x4

Post by rankstar » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 05:11

The ui option has already been mentioned, but I figured I could add something by mentioning that they both use the same keyboard shortcut.

Trade is 'd' and so is Adjust Station Parameters

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 10:33

Which brings me back to my post. It's the same as at NPC stations.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 18:13

I've been wondering for a long while how to keep stations properly funded to make stuff I don't sell. It can be very inconvenient to production and profitsss forgetting to do it manually. I never thought of this approach. Never thought it would work.

You always manage to teach me something new about CLS and CAG.

This reminds me that I need to go through my trained-up CLS pilots, give them more waypoints, and free up some ships and good pilots. Good time to do it, if I'm going to try this, as my latest wave of complexes and mines have stabilized.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 29. Mar 15, 20:32

Monkeyfister wrote:I've been wondering for a long while how to keep stations properly funded to make stuff I don't sell. It can be very inconvenient to production and profitsss forgetting to do it manually. I never thought of this approach. Never thought it would work.

You always manage to teach me something new about CLS and CAG.
:)

At your service.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”