Albion Prelude below minimum price bug

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

glenmcd
x3tc

Albion Prelude below minimum price bug

Post by glenmcd » Tue, 31. Mar 15, 10:07

Info "required by all":

1. Albion Prelude V2.5.3 English Steam

2. Vanilla (modified also)

3. Dead is Dead start (others unknown)

4. In at least one case, ware price can go below minimum. An L size Flower Farm (Teladi, produces sunrise flowers) that has a full product bin (25000) causes ware price to drop to 4. Minimum price is 5 and thus this I would assume is not intended.

5. nil

6. No error messages are applicable

7. Click here to see my DxDiag, generated today.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 31. Mar 15, 12:30

Thanks.

Another way perhaps to look at it is as though the Encyclopaedia entry has an issue either with an incorrect direct numerical entry within the minimum price field, or perhaps has a different rounding or parametric basis to that of the station algorithm if the field is dynamic and calculated.

Still, I would just regard it as a windfall bonus should you find it in practice when buying. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

glenmcd
x3tc

Post by glenmcd » Tue, 31. Mar 15, 15:31

thanks Alan. Well actually it came up originally with a script I was writing some time back and now of course I keep noticing it in vanilla as well. So yeah not really a problem in vanilla but the particular script I was writing compared the current price with mininum and auto-bought when equal. A small change so that it buys at minimum *or less* became an acceptable workaround lol.

Issues such as this have stayed hidden mostly due to the non zero modulo of product and resource bin sizes compared to products per cycle and resource qty per cycle (can you remember the last time you were offered 20 credits per EC?). The result for most factories is that the product bin never quite fills up entirely and the resource bin never quite empties entirely, avoiding both extremes of prices most of the time in most factories. Because I've used this extensively, I've had the opportunity to experience extreme pricing on most wares and I can say that the L size flower farm case is rare in the extreme. For a developer interested in fixing these, it's quite easy to write a script to do exhaustive tests in a few seconds of execution and I'd be happy to do same on request.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 1. Apr 15, 16:49

1. Albion Prelude V2.5.3 English Steam
Is there a specific reason, why you're not running the latest version of X3AP?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

glenmcd
x3tc

My AP not latest version

Post by glenmcd » Wed, 1. Apr 15, 22:19

thanks X2-Illuminatus. I had not realised AP wasn't up to date, I have a steam install and have it set to "always keep up to date". With that setting, games at least used to keep up to date but obviously something has changed. As I am on severely restricted downloads for another month or two (until ADSL gets installed after my recent move) I'll have to just put up with old versions and delay further involvement here. I look forward to playing the new version!
Glen

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”