Help with mining Ore

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tasman1968
x3tc

Help with mining Ore

Post by tasman1968 » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 21:30

Hi (playing X3)

I have built 2 ore mines in Antigone Memorial area, they are both fully stocked with energy cells (buying at max price 20) and they are producing ore (selling at minimum price 50) however nobody is buying.

I have set to sell to anybody, but still they don't sell.

Please help

Timsup2nothin

Re: Help with mining Ore

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 4. Apr 15, 21:40

tasman1968 wrote:Hi (playing X3)

I have built 2 ore mines in Antigone Memorial area, they are both fully stocked with energy cells (buying at max price 20) and they are producing ore (selling at minimum price 50) however nobody is buying.

I have set to sell to anybody, but still they don't sell.

Please help
Okay...first thing...you are going to lose money, since I *think* it takes six e-cells per ore unit, or maybe five. So the ore you are selling for 50 is costing you a hundred or 120 to produce.

Second thing, ore is often plentiful, so your ore mines won't be the only ones selling at 50. NPC haulers will go to the lowest nearest price, which they look for right after they make a sale. So when one makes a sale in Argon Prime, for example, and you are three sectors away in AntMem, if any mine in Herron's (1 sector), Ore Belt, or Power Circle (2 sectors) is selling at 50 they will head there.

Third thing, NPC haulers (I think) will also sense the amount you have in stock and they aren't going to come to you after one or two production cycles to pick up ten or twenty units. You have to build up some inventory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

All in all, relying on NPC traders to haul resources and products for your mines isn't really an effective approach. Your own freighters are far superior. I would (of course) use CLS, but you might look into CAG, or even the basic Mk2 trading software.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 5. Apr 15, 14:39

Use your own freighters to move the stuf.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Joe McCracken
x3tc

Post by Joe McCracken » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 17:07

Also, when you decide to place a mine somewhere, look around at all the stations that consume the product you intend to produce. If they are all lacking, it is a good place to build. If they are running pretty much constantly then there is enough of the product already, and it may not be as profitable to put that mine in that sector.

Take a look at Aladna Hill. Look at the factories there. You will see what I mean.

I always put 1 Ore mine in that sector, and it always is empty. Constant money flow.

My 2 cents. Hope that helps.
I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun, hide in the asteroids and laugh at what I done, put a blood blister upon each bun, I'd like to shoot you in the butt with a EBC gun.
Some people are like slinkies, not worth a whole lot, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

tasman1968
x3tc

Post by tasman1968 » Thu, 16. Apr 15, 23:42

Thank you for all your help, I will take onboard all of the suggestions

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”