Aldrin Plotline Breaking at the Start???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ormac
x4

Aldrin Plotline Breaking at the Start???

Post by Ormac » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 07:52

I'm wondering if it is possible to have the first mission of the Aldrin Plot break because of scanning across multiple unfocussed sectors

Dispite having a Mineral Scanner Attached I haven't been able to have the scan 10 asteroids in an unfucussed jump sector complete.

I have it down to scan 1 asteroid but it does not clear however many asteroids I scan I've tried 4 unfocused sectors in the last 3 hours and even had some Nividium asteroids.

I still have a save before I started the Aldrin Plotline. Prefer not to have to reload that if possible?

-- Ormac

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 07:58

Have you tried scanning ten asteroids in a sector? It may be checking for ten scanned asteroids to flag completion, and it can only check the current sector. If that doesn't work it may very well be broken, so keep that save handy.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 08:05

I made sure to try scanning 10 Asteroids in a single sector before posting.

I had no luck with that.

-- Ormac

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 08:29

Bummer. I can't think of anything else to try here then.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 14:11

From the guide on Roguey's site:
...(Y)ou've only got one jump; if you end up in a terrible Sector, you'll be better off reloading rather than trying to complete what might well be an impossible mission.
Do you have a save from before taking the mission? There appears to be no way to restart the plot or reset the mission other than a reload.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 6. Apr 15, 15:43

I do still have a save from prior to starting the plot line.

Looks like it might be a reload in that case.

Thanks Guys

-- Ormac

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 07:45

What I've seen of this mission suggests that it's like the asteroid scanning missions that you can get in the game, you have to scan the asteroids as directed by the game, not just 10 rocks at random.

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 09:49

I did notice in one of my attempts to complete the mission that the mission guidance had vanished.

So that along with Ancienthighway note from the mission (and the unsuccessful attempts to complete the mission) does lead me to believe I'll have to reload from the start of the plot line.

-- Ormac

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 17:36

If the mission guidance has vanished I suggest an experiment. Take your most recent save and SETA it for a substantial period. It may have 'failed' you on the mission, in which case it could reassign it to you after some specified delay. If the SETA run verifies that you can then decide if it is worth going back to the old save or if it is better to just do something else while you wait out the delay.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 11:08

So Resuming the Game before taking the first Aldrin Mission means that the asteroid scanning element is determined by the first Unfocused Sector I jump to.

Progressing further into the Aldrin Missions I gain access to Aldrin 2.
I understand that a Experimental EMPC Factory is supposed in this sector.

It appears that GoD has killed of this factory rather quickly also

I have the Logisitical Dock and a Food Fab Only

I've been flying in a maxed Springblossom so I have not taken an to get to Aldrin 2.

Will Accepting Mission 1 again give me a chance to have the Experimental EMPC appear in my universe or may I have to go back to finishing Final Fury (I also have a save mid final mission).

-- Ormac

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”