Creating my first ingame model. Some advice please.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

1druid1

Creating my first ingame model. Some advice please.

Post by 1druid1 » Tue, 7. Apr 15, 11:19

Hi All

Looking for a little advice.

I am currently creating my first mod which is hopefully the Star Base from Star Trek.

I have managed to create the basic model and texture it and get it into the game which I am happy about, I do have a couple of questions though.

I seem to have an issue with the targeting box, bounding box of my station in game, it does not appear on my station but rather a few kilometers away from the actual ingame model. I am using gmax and dbox. Is there something I am missing when exporting the model?. This is causing quite a few issues ingame.

I have edited a couple of weapons for my station to give them greater range, but regardless of what I try the AI will not fire at targets until they are 9 or 10km away, how can I change this as the size of the station makes any enemy's almost have to be inside the station before it will fire on them.

Lastly I have created my dock to allow internal docking of M1 and M2 class ships. I cant seem to figure out the animated docks though as the only dock option that allows me to open the dock doors before the ship docks is setting the AnimatedF_Hanger option but this makes the ships disappear, I want the ships to remain visible as I have a camera in the dock to show the docked ships. If I change to another option the ships remain when docked but the docking doors don't open until the ship has reached the dock point meaning they fly through the dock doors. I do know that there is a doors dummy but I am not sure how to use this and would it work for what I am looking for.

Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers

1druid1

1druid1

Post by 1druid1 » Tue, 14. Apr 15, 14:53

Hi All

I am still struggling with these issues, I have looked through the forums but cant seem to find an answer, so any help is appreciated.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”