Bug made me rich

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

wydavies
x4

Bug made me rich

Post by wydavies » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 17:42

I encountered a strange bug that I can replicate, but can't work out why it is happening.
I moved my save-files from my main PC to my laptop as I was doing a lot of travelling. After playing for a few hours on my laptop I checked my money - half a trillion credits!
I finally worked out the auto-money transfer from the stations were transferring exactly 2 billion credits at a time (and it was 2000000000, not 2147483648) instead of the correct amount and as there was a lot of traffic at my stations this was happening with great frequency.
Restarting the money transfer rules fixes this. Transferring the saves back to my main-PC and all is fine. Transfer them again to the laptop and the 2-billion transfers start again.
The only differences I'm aware of is that my main PC is Windows 7 and the community pack is from the Egosoft website and the laptop is Windows 8 and the community pack is loaded via Steam.

I just ran a script to get rid of 600 billion credits, so not hugely annoying. I prefer to make my money legit. Just an interesting bug that I can't get to the root of.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 18:08

That's a bug with the Commercial Agent from the bonus package.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”