Jump Gates Lore

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Jump Gates Lore

Post by Tamina » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 19:26

According to the latter games (intro videos, story itself and encycloedia entries) as well as to the XEncyclopedia website jumpgates were constructed by an ancient civilization.

However according to "X: Beyond The Frontier" Jumpgates were built by the terrans.
If Beyond The Frontier in anyway connected to the other games or is this a seperate but very similar story?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 19:57

Both is correct. The jumpgate network in the X-Universe was built by the Ancients hundreds or even thousands of years ago.
Totally independent from the Ancient gate network, a Japanese student discoverd the principles of jump tunnels and wormholes on Earth in the year 2022, thus allowing mankind (i.e. Terrans) to build two own jumpgates. These were first positioned in Earth and Mars orbit. The Mars jumpgate was then later "shipped" to Proxima Centauri (the nearest star system). During this estimated 78-years-voyage contact and connection to the Gate was lost. When Terrans tried to re-establish the connection, they connected to a different gate (one of the Ancient's gates) instead.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 10:49

X2-Illuminatus wrote:Both is correct. The jumpgate network in the X-Universe was built by the Ancients hundreds or even thousands of years ago.
Totally independent from the Ancient gate network, a Japanese student discoverd the principles of jump tunnels and wormholes on Earth in the year 2022, thus allowing mankind (i.e. Terrans) to build two own jumpgates. These were first positioned in Earth and Mars orbit. The Mars jumpgate was then later "shipped" to Proxima Centauri (the nearest star system). During this estimated 78-years-voyage contact and connection to the Gate was lost. When Terrans tried to re-establish the connection, they connected to a different gate (one of the Ancient's gates) instead.
I believe the Ancients timeline is better measured in millions of years than thousands though, including the gate network (there are way more gates than we can see. They allocated all sentient races their own 'province' of space, and there are lots of provinces, keeping those races that would be unable to comunicate seperate (like they were supposed to keep the Ka'ak and the X races seperate, because they have no hope of communication and thus would wipe eachother out)
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”