X3 TC Freight Drone Factory Glitch - modded game

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

d0g333

X3 TC Freight Drone Factory Glitch - modded game

Post by d0g333 » Fri, 1. May 15, 04:57

I purchased a Freight drone factory and unloaded it in midnight star, in the hopes of selling the drones. However every time I try to sell the drones, I get no money, and the buyer gets no drones, even though the resources that went into it costed me money in game. I tried to stop selling them and grabbing it myself, but it disappeared before it even got to my freight bay, I dont know what is going on.

Side note, I attempted to install a mod that was supposed to blacklist sectors in the game, and the download link was in x3 forums, maybe that has something to do with it? It required me to delete a couple of files and replace them with the mod files, and the mod did not work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 1. May 15, 11:26

Yes that sounds like a game installation issue caused by an incorrect or poorly-installed mod. You need to go back to clean vanilla (see the bottom of this Sticky) and then pray that your current saves will still work (they may well not work properly and then you will face a restart or a reload to before you installed the mod and made any gamefile changes).

A good mod and its installation should not require *you* to delete gamefiles by the way.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”