X3R Steam Version, trouble with CLS and Trading

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hbchrist
x3ap

X3R Steam Version, trouble with CLS and Trading

Post by hbchrist » Mon, 4. May 15, 18:57

Hello, everyone.

I bout X3R from Steam, and it is the most up to date version available (ver 2.5, I believe). I also downloaded the free bonus pack material, and per Steam, it was installed without issue.

I found the Iguana Vanguard over the Family Whi sector, claimed it, and am trying to use it as an autotrader. I have read and followed every tutorial I can find on setting up CLS autotraders and have purchased all of the upgrades necessary for the ship (I have bought the Mk1 and Mk2 versions of everything, just to be sure).

When I select Set Up External Commodity Logistics, I never get the follow up menu to set waypoints. The computer verbally confirms that the command was accepted, but that's it. I can't seem to select any waypoints, or can I find a way to do so. I can still use manual trade runs, but I was hoping to automate this process.

I am playing on a Win8.1, 64 bit system, but that shouldnt have any effect. I read in one thread that the scripts were designed for TS class ships, and the Vanguard is a TP class. However, I read other info that the script should work even with a TP class ship.

I know this topic has been covered ad nauseum, but I dont understand the issue in this case. Ive followed the directions to the letter, so anyone with some new ideas would be helpful. I am playing X3 Reunion, not TC or AP. I have no other mods or addons outside of the office bonus pack.

Thanks in advance,

hbchrist

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 4. May 15, 19:29

Despite being an adherent of the CLS approach, I have not played Reunion in a long time, and the differences in the CLS interface are immense. So I must defer to someone with more recent Reunion experience.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

hbchrist
x3ap

Post by hbchrist » Mon, 4. May 15, 23:39

Hey, Tim. Your guide is one of the guides that I read intensely. It was easy to follow, so thanks for that. Alas, X3R interface is not playing along. I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious.

Regards,

Hbchrist

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 5. May 15, 01:12

Honest recommendation...skip Reunion, or at most plow quickly through the main plot (which is a cool story) and then switch to TC. The difference between the UIs is a couple orders of magnitude, and the integration of the bonus pack into that hundred times friendlier UI makes the difference in the interface for bonus pack things like CLS not even measurable in orders of magnitude.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 5. May 15, 09:08

hbchrist wrote:Ive followed the directions to the letter
What directions? The interface of the Commodity Logistics Software in X3R is totally different to the one from X3TC/AP. Thus, you cannot apply a guide for X3TC to X3R with regards to the CLS.
The Bonus Package, however, comes with its own readme, which you can find in the descriptions folder of your game directory ("ReadMe (English).xml", doubleclick on it to open it in your browser).
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 5. May 15, 10:54

You should look at the guides in the stickied thread. The page about the X3 Reunion Bonus Material has a wealth of information to include links to information on CLS1 and CLS2 that will get you up and running.

hbchrist
x3ap

Post by hbchrist » Fri, 8. May 15, 01:13

I finally found a detailed guide to this issue, so my trader is doing his laps from station to station.

BUT...will he level up without actually trading anything? Is it enough for him to just be moving from station to station?

Thanks!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 8. May 15, 01:55

hbchrist wrote:I finally found a detailed guide to this issue, so my trader is doing his laps from station to station.

BUT...will he level up without actually trading anything? Is it enough for him to just be moving from station to station?

Thanks!
Again, my memory is dim at best, but I seem to recall the CLS in reunion only crediting flight time if the ship was carrying trade goods. Might want to load an e-cell on that trader.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”