[X3TC] Editing generic/random missions

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dovakiin
x4

[X3TC] Editing generic/random missions

Post by Dovakiin » Wed, 6. May 15, 22:21

Hello

Is it possible to make changes to those generic/random missions you can pick up from NPCs, like delivering wares and transporting people?

Among other things, I'd really like to change all of the personnel transport missions so I can do them in any class ship.

Thanks.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 6. May 15, 23:01

possible, yes.. i think they should be found in the "director" directory where the MD files are.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Wed, 6. May 15, 23:17

... of course, you can, BUT (!) therefore you have to change the corresponding library script, meaning that your changes will take effect in any script calling this library (e.g. plots etc.)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Thu, 7. May 15, 14:12

Thanks for the replies.

In the Director folder, I have a single file that is related to a mod.

Would I need to make changes in-game, or is there a third-party tool I can use?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 7. May 15, 14:41

Most of the game files are stored within the catalog (cat/dat) files. You can extract them using the X3 Editor 2 by doubleshadow. Use the Virtual File System option (VFS) to get the latest version of each file from the director folder within the cat/dat files.
To edit the Mission Director files you can use any xml editor. For further info on working with the Mission Director you should read the Mission director guide by Egosoft and have a look at the tutorials linked in the Tutorials and Resources Sticky.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Thu, 7. May 15, 14:44

... look at this topic ;)

in short: ... you need ...
--> x3editor2 (to extract the relevant files/scripts from the \director folder which is in the cat/dat-files)
--> a suitable editor (e.g. microsoft visual web develober, it supports you with auto completion while scripting)

... watch the ketraar's videos "basic setup" to get started, it wont be as "easy" as in the ingame script editor ;)

EDIT: ... well, i'm too late :P
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Fri, 8. May 15, 12:21

Thanks for the replies.

This could get interesting. I'm expecting many broken saves in the future. :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”