[LU][AL Plugin] Anarkis Pirate Guild - LU Edition (RETRACTED)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

solarahawk
x4

[LU][AL Plugin] Anarkis Pirate Guild - LU Edition (RETRACTED)

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 17. May 15, 18:24

Anarkis Pirate Guild: Intelligent Pirate Behavior - LU EDITION

Latest Update: [2015-06-23] - Plugin Retracted

This is the placeholder post for the revamped version of the Pirate Guild by Serial Kicked and Nicoman35's ADS - Real Wings Edition, reviewed and updated to work with Litcube's Universe.

At the request of Serial Kicked, the current version of this plugin has been retracted. Due to concerns about the codebase on which I based this version of the Pirate Guild, SK is not comfortable granting permission for its use. There are some fundamental differences in functionality in the Real Wings Edition of ADS, and I have agreed to remove access to this plugin until I can make the appropriate changes to the code and functionality.

I am working on a heavily revamped replacement for the Pirate Guild. I do not have a timeline for it, but it will be a significant overhaul, leveraging some new gameplay possibilities in LU. In the meantime, I am weighing my options on the feasibility (and time cost) of correcting the original plugin functionality. I will post updates as they become available.
Last edited by solarahawk on Wed, 24. Jun 15, 09:10, edited 7 times in total.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 17. May 15, 18:24

Changelog

Pirate Guild:
2.01 - Corrected values in a couple Guild notoriety checks causing inconsistent behavior for Guild membership.
2.00 - Initial release

Anarkis Resources:
2.50 - Initial Release

ADS:
2.01 - Deactivated an errant debug flag.
2.00 - Initial Release
Last edited by solarahawk on Tue, 9. Jun 15, 02:02, edited 2 times in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 17. May 15, 19:19

This is really great. We should probably start an LU mod thread somewhere. The list is getting bigger, and it can be hard to find them all.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 17. May 15, 22:59

That would be nice. We could then add a link to that thread on the LU announcement post and maybe the LU wiki site. In fact, I can set that thread up, if you like.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 17. May 15, 23:22

That would be good. If you need wiki edit access let me know.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sat, 23. May 15, 00:57

... last time i played AP i found an issue regarding the ECS:
if i comunicate to enemy pirates to pay the fine (to make them neutral) it doesnt work ... at least not in X3AP, the money is paid but the pirate remain enemy :?
i tested it on a pirate orbital weapons plattform (which has been created by the vanilla map in loomanckstrats legacy)
if i remember correctly this type of error doesnt occur on OWPs that had been created by a script

also i tried to pay the fine for some non guild ships, which doesnt work too ... afaik these pirates weren't spawned by jobs file, i guess that the script instruction <set relation .. to ..> doesnt work on non-regularly spawned pirates (with no job id spawned by hardcode)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 23. May 15, 02:49

Interesting, I'll double-check that later. I rewrote the relation/notoriety code to ensure relations would be set as reliably and consistently as possible. Pirates are an oddity in the X3 races system. Apparently, there are different sub-types (clans?) of pirates, and changing relations on all properties owned by the [Pirates] race, doesn't always take effect. I improved it a bit in the current version, but I'll make sure to keep an eye on it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 10:27

Sorry solarahawk, me again.

I think these scripts are excellent and so I have them amongst other LU scripts. So far, I've come across two Pirate Transports and after reaching 92% hull, they stopped losing hull when I continued shooting them.

Not sure exactly if they are affected by these scripts but it seemed a logical place to start.

I had a quick google and it seems that "92%" may not be a coincidence as apparently, there two plots that have objects invulnerable at 92%. Linking in case helpful:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... fa#3893542

http://www.thexuniverse.com/archive/ind ... 23268.html

Code: Select all

Install order:

1. New LU install: 
- Clean X3AP 
- Non-steam patch 
- LU v1.40 
- LU v1.51 
- Soundtrack v1.11 
LU GUI v1.2.3) 

2. Anarkis pirates (plus the 2 support packs; default options) 
Diverse Game Starts-v5-LU Remap Ed (Daughter of Earth start) 
minor improvements+fixes (04.06.2015) 
misc_text_improvements (01.06.2015) 
MK3_Improvement_LU_0.6.1b 
Quick Wings 1.1.0 
XM-R v1.59b

3. LU-GoldUI-V1.0.0
X3LU_SIaF-7-r3 (all options)

4. EMS_v1.0.2A (default EMS HUD)

5. LU alternate gates - blue star (03.06.2015)

6. LU Remap 0.55

7. Diverse Game Starts-v5-LU Remap Ed (Daughter of Earth start)

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 11:40

Oh... right. I know that issue. I had forgotten about that oddity, but I ran into it a few months back with the Remap mod. It was caused by a problem in the Jobs file, which I subsequently fixed. I think I accidentally reintroduced that bug in v0.55. Fortunately, Vukica has fixed a bunch of issues that had been plaguing his mod.

I just tested his mod again this morning and committed an updated version of the Jobs file to the git repo. The current release version of Remap, 0.56, doesn't have the updated Jobs, but I bet vukica will release 0.57 pretty soon.

Thanks for the info.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 09:01

You're welcome, thanks very much :)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 18:32

I'd initially just considered this an amusing bug but in retrospect it occurs to me that my accumulation of indestructible traders fighting with capitals and weapon platforms is probably curtailing my ability to trade.

Anyone know of a way to nuke 92% traders with a script when I find them as a temporary fix?

Handicapd_Hippo
x3tc

Post by Handicapd_Hippo » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 19:57

Hi solarahawk I have been having a problem when attempting to join the guild, whenever I choose the option to join I get a message saying I have joined but when I click to confirm the message I am taken back to the ECS menu and the option to join is still there like I nver used it. I have got lucky and have it work a few times so I can take missions but even then after leaving the sector and coming back to any guild pirate base I seem to be kicked out automatically and unable to rejoin most of the time.

The only mods I am using with litcubes are diverse starts, small improvements and fixes, mk3 improvement reloaded reloaded and alternate ringless gates.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 22:46

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I'd initially just considered this an amusing bug but in retrospect it occurs to me that my accumulation of indestructible traders fighting with capitals and weapon platforms is probably curtailing my ability to trade.

Anyone know of a way to nuke 92% traders with a script when I find them as a temporary fix?
You should go ahead and update to Remap v0.56. I'll add a link to a Hotfix patch with the corrected Jobs file in that thread. Before updating, make sure you have installed the E/I Update package, and export your game progress. Then update Remap and the Jobs file, and finally run an import.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 22:49

Handicapd_Hippo wrote:Hi solarahawk I have been having a problem when attempting to join the guild, whenever I choose the option to join I get a message saying I have joined but when I click to confirm the message I am taken back to the ECS menu and the option to join is still there like I nver used it. I have got lucky and have it work a few times so I can take missions but even then after leaving the sector and coming back to any guild pirate base I seem to be kicked out automatically and unable to rejoin most of the time.

The only mods I am using with litcubes are diverse starts, small improvements and fixes, mk3 improvement reloaded reloaded and alternate ringless gates.
Hmm, I'll take a look and see if I can replicate your issue. I may have some questions for you in a bit about your reputation level with the Guild. Could be an issue involving that.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 23:14

solarahawk wrote: You should go ahead and update to Remap v0.56. I'll add a link to a Hotfix patch with the corrected Jobs file in that thread. Before updating, make sure you have installed the E/I Update package, and export your game progress. Then update Remap and the Jobs file, and finally run an import.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am a little unsure whether I might already be using 0.56 or not though. I think I am but please could you idiot-check the following?

I am using a version downloaded on the evening of 05.06.2015 - shortly after vukica wrote the following post:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=90

The first post in the remap thread doesn't seem to have been updated since. Although I guess the file might have been updated in the mean time.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 23:29

Ehhh, good question. Unfortunately, there isn't a version identifier in the mod itself. Probably should be to prevent this very question. I'll mention it to vukica.

However, he announced v0.56 at 0300 (MST in the US, so probably early to mid-morning in Croatia) on 05.06.2015, so if you downloaded that evening, you are running it already. I will be posting the download link to the Hotfix shortly.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 08:20

Handicapd_Hippo wrote:Hi solarahawk I have been having a problem when attempting to join the guild, whenever I choose the option to join I get a message saying I have joined but when I click to confirm the message I am taken back to the ECS menu and the option to join is still there like I nver used it. I have got lucky and have it work a few times so I can take missions but even then after leaving the sector and coming back to any guild pirate base I seem to be kicked out automatically and unable to rejoin most of the time.

When you open comms with a Pirate Guild Base, the top section of the Comms window displays your current standing with the Guild and other pirates. How many reputation points does it say you have with each of them?

Handicapd_Hippo
x3tc

Post by Handicapd_Hippo » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 13:12

solarahawk wrote: When you open comms with a Pirate Guild Base, the top section of the Comms window displays your current standing with the Guild and other pirates. How many reputation points does it say you have with each of them?
The pirate guild itself has 10,000 as I set them as friendly when setting up the plugin, other pirates are at 863.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 17:59

New Pirate Guild Release

Download link updated on main post.

Fixed a few notoriety checks that were causing Guild membership to not be recognized or to be removed unnecessarily.

No special action required for this update. Install the updated PG files, overwriting the original files, and load your game. The plugin will display an update message, informing you that the upgrade has been completed.

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 20:51

solarahawk manito Design ADS
Why not design a legion system?
AI control corps system
3 different modes
1, attack mode
2, defensive mode
3, free development mode
AI automation management mode based on different conditions for management

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”