TL Ship Bulk buying goods & other question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

korg33

TL Ship Bulk buying goods & other question

Post by korg33 » Mon, 18. May 15, 13:44

Hey guys!

So I got 2 questions which I explain quite broadly. Really seek to help of some experienced X3 reunion players that know a lot about capital ships.

So right now I am on my 2nd play through of the game and I remember that the first time I stopped playing (about a year ago) because of some Issues with Capital Ships that I had. SO Now I am playing it again I would like to ask about some stuff, because I couldn't find an answer on Egosoft about this.

Main Questions

1: How do you buy goods with TL ships in LARGE quantities. Lets say I own an Argon Mammoth and I decide I want to buy 40000 Energy cells at a XL Solar plant
I know that I can use another transporter, like the Argon Mercury Super Freighter, to buy these Energy Cells at the Solar Plant and then transport them to my TL Mammoth using a transporter device.

However here is my problem with it! This would mean that each single time my Argon Mercury Super Freighter would buy energy cells, the price would go up.

What I want is that when a XL Solar Plant has 45000 energy cells, that I can buy 40000 of them all at once for 12 credits a piece. Not buy a bunch for 12 credits, then for 13, then for 14 etc.....

Is there a way to do this? Like Can I buy 40000 energy cells at a station all at once and then get it transported to my TL Mammoth by some other ships with a command, so that a bunch of ships keep getting the newly bought energy cells until all energy cells are transported to my Mammoth?

2nd Question
How effective are Capital ships M2 class in OOT. I saw this example on the internet that a capital ship in OOS dies to around 10 m3 and 10 m4 fighters.....while in reality such a force of fighters would barely be a threat to a M2. I mean I tested it and 2 centaurs, and 10+ fighters barely even took of 20% of my argon Titan with maxed shields. (Gotta say that the automatic turrets can't hit for sht....I hit more with a single buster, then all of my automated turrets of my Argon Titan....although most weapons were anti-capital like Photon cannons and Plasma Throwers and I didn't test it with anti-fighter weaponry.
Anyways I avoided sending in any M2 class ship of by itself because of this reason....don't want it to die vs a bunch of noob fighters half of which carry nothing better then PAC.....

If these 2 questions can be answered I be very gratefull

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 18. May 15, 14:16

1) No.

2) Yes and no.

One of the main issues with X3R/TC OOS combat is a ship can only attack and destroy one target per "turn" (30s unless you are watching).

However, capital ships can take a lot of damage because they mount high number of GJ shields. Thus it would likely take more than 20 fighters to take one down.

(edited for spelling)
Last edited by Geek on Mon, 18. May 15, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.
Right on commander !

korg33

Post by korg33 » Mon, 18. May 15, 14:24

I see :cry:

That does seem like a massive feature that should have been in the game. Makes me wonder why people even buy these 30 million ships

So are there any other uses for a TL ship, besides using it to transport your own stuff or a mobile place to store your goodies?

So what if I wanted to do what I described in my 1st question to one of my own stations? Like what if I owned the XL SOlar plant and wanted to transport 40k Energy cells to my Mammoth? Could I tell my 5 fighters that are boarded on my mammoth to get this many cells from my own station with a single command?

Also thanks for your quick answer

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 18. May 15, 14:31

A better, simpler way would be using a freighter with CLS command. The ship will still require a few trips, but not much hassle of your part.
Right on commander !

korg33

Post by korg33 » Mon, 18. May 15, 14:39

True, a big transport that just gets 10k in 1 trip is a way better solution and much faster. But just for the sake of feeling cool, I want to do it with ships that are carried by my my mammoth. =P

But from your response I gather that it is possible to both tell a single freighter to get the resources in a few trips, but that this can also be done by a bunch of separate fighters.

But do I have to command each fighter individually, or can I also give a single command to tell 5 fighters at the same time to transport a certain resource to my ship? Like If I put the into a wing, would that help?

And again thanks for your answers, having to test out this kind of stuff by yourself takes ages in this game =)

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Mon, 18. May 15, 14:48

Main usage of a TL is building stations - I don't think there are station building missions in Reunion, so it's for your stations and complexes. It's pretty important when you have to build a complex of 50 stations - it'll take forever with hired TLs that can't jump. Yes, you can also use it as a cargo dump, but since it can't dock on stations, you need freighter couriers like CLS to deliver good to and from the TL. It can be useful in a late game when you need to supply a large fleet.

I don't think there's a command to supply the TL automatically, at least in X3R. Easiest way is to buy e-cells on a freighter and freight exchange them to the TL docked to a shipyard/EQdock. If you don't want to do it manually, your best bet is to set up a CLS that buys e-cells at an SPP and unloads them at the TL.

As for M2 in OOS combat, you shouldn't be worried too much about deploying it, but you should be alert for the attack notifications. It takes time to kill an M2 (there're no Qs in X3R, right?), by that time you'll take a look at the situation and jump the M2 out or send in support. Ideally, if you have the credits and need a solid sector defense fleet that can hold its ground, dispatch several M6s and a wing of fighters to support the M2, so that small and large targets alike can be taken care of. Be prepared for occasional fighter losses though.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 18. May 15, 14:51

@OP : That is the point. Using 5 ships would require entering 5 commands.
(Unless my memory fails, there are no wings in X3R).

But feel free to use you find best. It is a single player game. :wink:
Right on commander !

korg33

Post by korg33 » Mon, 18. May 15, 19:27

Oh I am actually playing Terran Conflict =)

I played Reunion at first, but when I started playing TC I saw how much more user friendly it was!

So you cannot put 5 fighters into a wing and tell the wing o supply your TL ship with Energy cells from a particular station? Thats dumb.....

Why does it feel sometimes that such a great game like this was suddenly pushed out over the counters......I don't get why they didn't build in something like it. Considering how advanced they made it, it shouldn't have been to much of a problem

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”