[X3AP] Damn you spacefly!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

pref
x4

[X3AP] Damn you spacefly!

Post by pref » Thu, 21. May 15, 11:51

Where are these little evil creatures i wonder..?
So typical, i was just making screenshots of them the other day, but now when i need them they seem to have vanished. I finally can arm enough ships to advance our shady business with my split pals.
I want to see them zapped by my IDs already :D

Are there any other factors apart from roid proximity that can help find them?
On one of my screens i have a nearby roid targeted, so i see it's ID. Is there a script that tells you what object id can be found where in the universe? Does it even make sense to go back to the same place, or they aren't tied to any location?

I could buy them at StrongArms, but i hope i don't have to resort to that!

[ external image ]
Maybe Zaphod knows a nice cocktail recipe involving these little bastards..

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 21. May 15, 13:24

There are some spacefly hints and some myths busted in here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 21. May 15, 15:10

Thanks, google did not show this thread.
So i guess i have to discuss this with the xenon in one of their roid rich sectors.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 21. May 15, 15:21

You don't have to be super-close to roids, but you do have to have 0 speed.

Depending on the quality of your sound system, you may be able to hear them; they make an extremely high frequency sound, sort of like mosquitoes autotuned a few octaves higher.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 21. May 15, 16:02

I was not aware of having to stop completely. You mean they are spawned near the player ship, and if i move i might leave them behind?

I have a couple of studio monitors laying around, ill try those instead of the laptop speaker then. Never heard a thing even when i was bumping them earlier.

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 21. May 15, 22:45

I believe they don't buzz around your ship (don't appear) unless you stop moving completely. Bunch of guides say "speed less than 50 m/s" but I haven't had luck unless fully stopped.

The noise they make loops, and sounds a bit new age-y, so turn your in-game music off, and if you hear high pitched sounds sort of like music, that's them.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 21. May 15, 23:30

Cheers!
I hope i get it done soon :D

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Re: [X3AP] Damn you spacefly!

Post by Lone Jedi » Thu, 21. May 15, 23:52

pref wrote:I could buy them at StrongArms, but i hope i don't have to resort to that!

I know somebody wrote that Spaceflies spawned in Strongarms HQ but I never found even 1 there. Did you?
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 21. May 15, 23:56

Iirc it takes quite a few hours until they restock. If it's bought up quickly by npcs, then there is a high chance you will never see it - unless you park a cls ship on the station.
But no i have never seen a spacefly there, though i only checked once in this game.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Spaceflies

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 22. May 15, 01:09

Spaceflies are listed on the menu for Strong Arms and many pirate bases. They are there when the game starts and possibly when you open the sector for the first time, or when a new pirate base has just spawned.

One sure way to get Spaceflies is to blow up a Pirate Stock Exchange that lists them on the menu. A Stock Exchange will respawn in the same place in a gameday or two. A regular pirate base will respawn somewhere else. Strong Arms HQ is involved in a plot in AP and cannot be destroyed. Many times we do not have the Sat directly showing a pirate base. So remember to check it physically when you think it's time.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 22. May 15, 04:03

pref wrote:Iirc it takes quite a few hours until they restock. If it's bought up quickly by npcs, then there is a high chance you will never see it - unless you park a cls ship on the station.
But no i have never seen a spacefly there, though i only checked once in this game.
Parking a CLS at Strong Arms HQ was exactly how I got the Spaceflies I needed. Left it there while I went Spacefly hunting. Checked in on it while I kept failing to capture any flies. Eventually, it got the 7 I needed. Already had three before the plot started.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 22. May 15, 09:04

Three words:

Depths of Silence.

The dev's knew this would cause problems so they built in a failsafe to allow the mission/plot to move forward. Check the MO there and you will find they do become available. Be quick though, at average price they won't be in stock long.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 22. May 15, 12:50

I read that MO was supposed to carry Spaceflies. But it didn't even list them in my game.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 22. May 15, 13:00

It does'nt till you need them.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 22. May 15, 13:55

Yes, I checked after I reached that point of the plot and it still didn't carry spaceflies.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 22. May 15, 14:00

JimmyC:

Patience padewan it will happen.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 23. May 15, 13:41

Thanks for all the help, i'm still hunting. Visited most nividium roids maybe they prefer those..
Seems like these flies exactly know when you are after them :D

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 25. May 15, 12:52

I think UFJD sectors might be the best place for this.
Almost got them now - i just forgot to put a collector on the ship i was jumping out there :D

But at least i could use my ID some.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 27. May 15, 12:02

Finally i got some!

But they dont end up in the inventory somehow.. is that a bug, or normal with the quest?
I get the quest message about less spacefllies required for the mission, also betty tells me that the cargobay now contains spaceflies. But there is none in my ship.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Wed, 27. May 15, 12:41

pref:

No that is not normal. Once collected they should appear on your cargo manifest.

Have you got space in your cargo bay for them?

If not you might have captured... then lost them.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”