(X3R) unmapped asteroids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

siddham
x3tc

(X3R) unmapped asteroids

Post by siddham » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 22:04

I was in Ore Belt travelling slowly away from the sector core while I did some remote organising and trading
(I find the menus make it quite awkward to do such things in a station)
There were asteroids all about and I scanned a couple
Then I noticed they did not show on the sector map
They were there right beside me, a km or two, but no sign of them on the map
So what's going on there?

Also...I am doing some remote manual trading; controlling 3 standard Mercurys; mostly energy and ore; but dont seem to making much money
at least not enough to feel any progress is being made
Is the game lean on money making?

The UI and menus are not great
are they better in TC and AP?

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 22:07

They are not full-size asteroids that you can build a mine on or see on the sector map. They are 'big rocks' such as you may see from the first break-up of a full-size asteroid.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 22:13

That explains it
Thanks Alan

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 10:12

Regarding trading.

You won't make much profit from trading energy. It occupies a lot of cargo space for the cost. Ore can be quite profitable if you manage to buy it at a mine that is full.

From my experience, the most profitable wares are: Silicon, Sunrise Flowers, Soya Beans, Soya Husk, and illegal wares - Space Weed, Space Fuel. They have the largest difference between min and max price. Silicon is probably the best non-illegal ware for trade, since it's quite compact for the price, and you can often triple the amount invested in it. Make notes of the locations of Silicon Mines that are often full, and of major consumer sectors.

As soon as you can afford it, drop a sector trader in Empire's Edge - it will level quite fast there and will make good profit. At some point you should be able to stop manual trading completely and switch the freighters to sector/universe trading, while you're doing something more valuable on your ship.

Regarding UI, there were changes made in TC/AP, but I wouldn't say they've drastically different. The menus can feel somewhat clunky at first, but you'll get used to it.

siddham
x3tc

Post by siddham » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 19:40

Very helpful reply lighters
I will follow up on your recommendations
I am just starting to explore Paranid space
Thank you

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”