Aldrin ... a few niggles/ questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dr del
x3tc

Aldrin ... a few niggles/ questions

Post by dr del » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 23:17

Hi,

It seems to take weeks to fly anywhere in this sector - how can I mitigate this?

A few of the factories seem inaccessible to dock at via the auto-pillock if I am in-sector. After spending an hour ( on 1000x SETA!!!!!) watching a hyperion trying to dock at one of the weapons factories I gave up and used the docking computer within 5 km.

Is this only in my game owing to rock placement or is the whole sector just extremely badly coded/ constructed?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Jun 15, 23:43

It's always been a painful sector to fly in personally. Most players operate OOS. Of course, if your rep is high enough, you can speed travel up a lot by locally buying a Springblossom M6 (360 m/s) or a Spitfyre M3 (452 m/s) as a personal ship. Or better yet, get yourself a Teladi Kestrel M5 (605 m/s). :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dr del
x3tc

Post by dr del » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:15

heh heh,

I was actually there to buy both a springy and a spitfyre. :lol:

The flying around pain came from trying to get them equipped with weps.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:19

Not just you. I second the above suggestion, and suggest installing a Turbo Booster from the bonus pack on your Kestrel. It should be just slower than 1.5km/s, as long as the energy/shields hold out. You'll want a TM or other carrier type to jump in and out of the sector though.

There are two alternatives. First is to keep doing plots. (In TC at least.) Eventually there will be Terran made Trans-orbital accelerators added, that allow rapid in system travel.

On the other hand, I prefer the Jump Beacon mod, which lets you place down beacons in sectors and jump to those, instead of to gates. You can have multiples, but only if you place them more than 10k apart, but I don't think there's anything that close together anywhere in Aldrin. See Scripts and Modding for more details.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 00:47

The best way to outfit those ships once you have them is to put the CLS2 and Nav software on the Springblossom, then have it buy the weapons, shields, and missiles you need from the sector. Use Manual Input up to, then enter the number you need for that item.

RainerPrem
x4

Re: Aldrin ... a few niggles/ questions

Post by RainerPrem » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 06:24

Hi,
dr del wrote:Hi,

It seems to take weeks to fly anywhere in this sector - how can I mitigate this?

A few of the factories seem inaccessible to dock at via the auto-pillock if I am in-sector. After spending an hour ( on 1000x SETA!!!!!) watching a hyperion trying to dock at one of the weapons factories I gave up and used the docking computer within 5 km.

Is this only in my game owing to rock placement or is the whole sector just extremely badly coded/ constructed?
I have a TM jump into the sector with a full load of Kestrels, each outfitted with Jump drive, Transporter and all other relevant software. First I use the Kestrels to map the sector (OOS of course), and then I send them to the next shipyard to aid in buying Springblossoms.

cu
Rainer

lighters
x4

Post by lighters » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 10:28

I've never been able to auto-dock with Aldrin stations. I don't come near them without docking computer, ever since the Terran plot.

As to the travel distances, now you know they've built Springblossom. Galaxy-wide it's speed is beyond OP, but here it's barely enough to take you anywhere :)

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Wed, 3. Jun 15, 16:43

The docking is a problem because the big rock in the middle screws up the autopilot collision system. There's a mod to remove the big rock in the middle (the initial download link is expired, follow the instructions on pg 1 with the download link on pg 5), and it solves a whole bunch of collision issues and autopilot docking issues. The mod is vanilla safe, I believe.

jlehtone
x4

Re: Aldrin ... a few niggles/ questions

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 22:21

RainerPrem wrote:I have a TM jump into the sector with a full load of Kestrels, each outfitted with Jump drive, Transporter and all other relevant software. First I use the Kestrels to map the sector (OOS of course), ...
This. I even had them lay a grid of AdvSat's over the whole sector, but then a TC's plot forced me to jump in. Farewell, neat grid.

Anyway, there are Gates (at least in AP). They provide shortcuts.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Imgran

Post by Imgran » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 06:22

dr del wrote:heh heh,

I was actually there to buy both a springy and a spitfyre. :lol:

The flying around pain came from trying to get them equipped with weps.
Suggestion: Use the Xenon Hub or a player owned Equipment Dock (or another station that allows you to customize what you can buy and sell there) an send jump equipped freighters into Adrin with CLS or Trade software mk 2, acquire Aldrin type weapons and pool them at the trading station.

This stuff really can be done out of system as long as you were reasonably dilligent about exploring Aldrin the first time you went.

BTW if you get a Kestrel, don't SETA. Lots of loose rocks in Aldrin and youll be going so fast SETAing that you probabl won't see death coming until it's on top of you, even if you don't rely on autpilot..
OTAS -- it's like 42, the answer to life, the universe, and everything

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”