Red Jump Beacons and Mayhem behind Terran lines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Red Jump Beacons and Mayhem behind Terran lines

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 09:09

I'm almost 3 days into the AP plot on the CW side. I capped two Megalodons, sold one for $ 90 Mil, and outfitted the other one for war, including Turbo.

I took the Hype and did a quick run on Turbo past the Terran gate defenders in Asteroid Belt. Later I did some in the Kestral. Many Accelerators had massive groups of Terran defenders in front of them. So I swung wide and came in on the back side of the Acceleralator. It worked and I made it to the other side. I couldn't do a complete search, but I found the Jump Beacons in Mars, Saturn, and Pluto. I can't use them because they are RED. I've got very bad rep with them, so it's the perfect time to really hurt them behind the lines. The jump gate in Neptune is active and I can use it now. My marines are only 4 and 5 star in fighting and 3 star in the others. I don't think it will be enough but I might try to gather a few Atmo Lifters and finish the fight training without dealing with rep loss. I don't have to worry about gathering Terran weapons for them, because they use don't use any. That's probably $20 Mil for each one. Probably the Reaction Forces will stop me from doing too much, but the Mega can handle the local forces easily.

Does any pilot know at what level of Terran rep these gates become blue and usable?

What mayhem can I do from this active Neptune gate?

Edit: The RRF was fast and strong when I brought the Meg: 2 Osakas and Two Tokyos. When I only brought the Minotaur, they still came. There's still some possibilities, but not the easy ones. Ideas?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 11:15

To create Mayhem go through the gate and head to Althes: Lots of traffic and plenty of space to target Terren ships.

To use their beacons, you have to bet at rep citizen.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 12:25

When spending time in terran space i usually bring 3 M7s, a Kestrel and at least 1 beacon.
A Panther to dock the Kestrel in, a Cobra for boarding and a Skirnir to deal with RRF without beacons and capitals with HPD.
Panther is filled with jumpdrives for the new ships, plus IBLs to help with shields.

Marines need to be 4* on average in fight skills, and you need quite a few that are maxed in the other skills (so you can ignore sentry lasers and firewall - and each pod must have at least 1 5* mechanic to get through.

First i get in there using the Kestrel, scan all ships, pick the first target. Perhaps put a few shots in it if the kestrel can approach safely (from PSP side) - to start luring quick. Then i drop the beacon just within scanner range, so that my target will arrive there first. Some tunings wont hurt for the personal M7 so that it can outrun terran ships (above 135m/s).

Then board the first, quickly scan the RRF that spawns for beacons then hurt them until they leave (after some hull damage they jump out, keep the ship on monitor if they have a beacon).

Usually by then the next capship gets in range, then repeat. If you act quick with the boarding and RRF kills, and get lucky with HPD, you can board quite a few ships in one go.

It works without shadows and the skirnir, but then you have to keep the beacon up so that a TS can resupply the hammers. And your beacons will get attacked with high priority as i noticed.

Try raising pirate rep so it will be easy to get peaceful with them when you decide to build the support fabs (Shadow, PSP, SSC, EMPC, Wraith and the likes).

Or just bring a few big ships and clear the sector.. :D
If you have a jump beacon they will jump in together, in formation iirc - it's much better to attack like that (unless it's an LU behavior - not sure any more).

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Thanks for the replies.

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 5. Jun 15, 06:15

Thanks for the info, Shaun!

Priceless reply, pref ! I hope I can do part of that later in the game. I've never sniffed a capital with a Jump Beacon.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”