Boarding RRF ships ???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Boarding RRF ships ???

Post by Bill Huntington » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 21:24

My marines aren't ready yet, but I want a Jump Beacon when I can get one. I've heard they are on RRF ships more than others. I've seen the RRF ships support each other too, and they are tough enough on their own.

Are the RRF ships the same as others when it comes to Boarding them?

If an RRF is killed, does it respawn? Immediately?

If you attack an RRF ship, do the others keep coming?
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 05:25

Are the RRF ships the same as others when it comes to Boarding them?
Not counting the marines onboard, they're about the same difficulty as other ships of the same race.
Counting the marines though, they're said to be the second toughest next to Xenon ships. But I can hardly tell the difference after the casualties. So I suggest frying their CLS before boarding.
There is one extra challenge when it comes to boarding RRF ships. They can jump even if they've lost their jumpdrive.
I've heard using the secondary monitors can let you locate them again, but I have no idea how that works.
If an RRF is killed, does it respawn? Immediately?
Yes, it respawns. Can't tell if it's immediate though. The respawned ship might not have a beacon however. That's what happened in my game.
If you attack an RRF ship, do the others keep coming?
Might depend. If the RRF ships jumped in to take care of an incursion, they might keep jumping in if you fight them.
However, RRF ships also have regular patrols when not responding to incursions. If you can find them floating around in a sector, chances are you can attack it without other RRF ships showing up to spoil the fun. That's how I got my beacon.

While I found my beacon on a RRF ship, I've read that several people found theirs on military ships. I went scanning everything M7 and larger until I found my one and only beacon in the game.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 23:24

You can board them just like any other ships, with fully trained team i got no casualties.

If you kill one, another one will spawn when you attack a ship that triggers RRF spawns. You have to keep killing them for some time most likely to get beacons. Make sure to scan their M7s, i found beacons on those as well.

I dont remember getting RRF spawns when attacking RRF ships.

Im not sure about CW ones, but terran RRFs are safe to board if they have no HPD (assuming you have a more or less fully trained team). And generally are not more difficult then normal ATF ships (except they all have HPD, which has to be fried off).

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 04:34

RRF dont spawn imedietly after getting killed. they need atleast 2 ingame hours to spawn IIRC after looking at the Jobs file

the easiest RRF to board is the M7M. use a m6 with PBG and roast the target. all missiles it fires at you will be insta.popped by PBG fire. when shields are gone switch to a single PBG so that you can strip away equipments while not damaging the ship too much

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”