CLS problem X3 TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

wolfee

CLS problem X3 TC

Post by wolfee » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 14:01

I have a Mercury Super Freighter assigned to one of my complexes that puts out Crystals for another complex that makes ECs. Seems like a pretty simple set of commands but it isn't working.

I have the freighter's home set to my Crystal Complex in Unknown Sector 8,8. My EC complex (just two SPs) is in Akeela's Beacon.
I set up External Commodity Logistics to take "up to" 200 Crystals from the home base and "unload" them at the EC complex, then "load" half cargo space with ECs and "unload" them at the Crystal Complex.

When I tell it to start, it changes its command to "jump and fly to" Light of Heart Shipyard. it flies there, docks in the shipyard and goes "Idle". My EC complex is now full and my Crystal Complex runs out of ECs and starts blinking until I have to run manual runs of ECs to get it going again.

What is going on here??

Rive
x3tc

Post by Rive » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 14:13

At some point high level CLS pilots gets some stuff for self defense and - as I recall - do some tuning on their ships.

My bet is, that your pilot decided to go shopping, and when he got his stuff, noticed that there is some enemy activity in the sector. So he stay safe.

Jump in, scout around, destroy, and check what happens.

wolfee

Post by wolfee » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 14:14

Well in case anyone else has this happen, open your Message Log and look for any messages from that ship. It turned out that the freighter had a small amount of damage and kept going to the shipyard for repairs, then sent me a message to fix it. I repaired the ship and it took off to run its routes. Seems weird because I have a damaged freighter running as a ST right now with no issues.

Lea Flamma
x3tc

Post by Lea Flamma » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 14:24

Sector Traders are not CLS and CAG. Also on higher levels I think they will take care of the repairs themselves. If the station will be able to fund it.
Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 16:26

Lea Flamma wrote:Sector Traders are not CLS and CAG. Also on higher levels I think they will take care of the repairs themselves. If the station will be able to fund it.
If he wasn't high enough level he wouldn't have gone to the shipyard at all. He only called in because the station couldn't pay.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”