X3 Reunion- ship is automatically destroyed in Bala Gi Mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sentinel-9000

X3 Reunion- ship is automatically destroyed in Bala Gi Mission

Post by Sentinel-9000 » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 07:47

I'm Trying to complete the Bala Gi missions, but when I need to go to the unknown sector east and south of Maelstrom (the sector where the Hyperion Yacht ship is), my ship is automatically destroyed when approaching the south gate. This happens EVERY TIME, and I've tried it about 8 times: I fly to the unknown sector east of maelstrom, and then when I approach the south gate I am destroyed about 3km from it. Is this some sort of bizarre glitch? Am I missing something? Anybody else run into this?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 17:14

Watch out for mines (explosive type) there! They are a part of the plot. Maybe you need a bigger/better-shielded ship or a plan to deal with the mines another way.
Spoilers here if you need them.

Moving to X Trilogy Universe (gameplay) forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 17:50

SQUASH mines indeed.
In X3R you can lock them with the "target nearest hostile" command.
This way you can destroy them from a safe distance.
Right on commander !

Sentinel-9000

Post by Sentinel-9000 » Mon, 15. Jun 15, 07:56

Thanks for the info. I didn't know how to target/ look for mines, but found a work around by flying around to the other side of the gate and going through it "backwards". Didn't think it was mines since my computer controlled ships (one's I'm not actually piloting) fly through without detonating mines. Do squash mines normally detonate on comp controlled ships? Also FYI I think in my original post I typed "east" when it should have been "west"
In any case the problem is no longer an issue and I appreciate the help fellow spacefarers! May you see much profitssssss.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 15. Jun 15, 11:25

Mines usually detonate on everyone once active.
However, those mines are part of the BG mission, so they may only be there when the player comes.
Right on commander !

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”