Economy is Broken

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Matt Schifter
x2

Economy is Broken

Post by Matt Schifter » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 04:01

Searched the net for text and video guides on how to run CLS and nonCLS trading, and it just doesn't work for me. I have a sector trader who can buy ore at 50 and sell immediately for 128 and over a period of over a week has made no sales. ??

CLS freighters running MK2 usually get to their 1st waypoint and then send a message saying they couldn't buy the ecells at the right price because somebody else got there first, and then they go into standby rather than go to another station in the sector. AND NEVER try again.

Freighters running Sell Ware over a period of days never make a sale. They go into a destination state and price and never achieve the arrival goal. They head to the destination sector then hang up and never complete the mission.

These are logistician grade pilots, in the CLS case.

I've tried just setting up an energy runner to buy cells and bring them back to my pos, and the transaction never completes.

I've tried setting up a sales runner to dump my POS stock and the transaction never completes.

So I have to run each freighter manually to get anywhere. And the ships have been idle so long, their mizuras charges for hauling is cost prohibitive. They don't actually earn anything anyway if I'm doing all the work.

This has been a huge waste of time -- I don't think the software is working right. The price on my good is fair... I'm still wanting to go through the game, but if the economy is broken how does one succeed as a merchant?

Respectfully,

Matt

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 04:09

CLS only visits the specified wapoints - will not find another fab in sector on its own.

They might stay on standby for several reasons:
ship or station cargo full, trade conditions such as required percentages not met, or not having a transporter device in case of ship-to-ship transfer.
If it has a homebase then that station needs enough credits to buy the wares.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 04:14

Read guide in sig below.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 04:50

You might want to verify your installation also.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 18. Jun 15, 07:11

Hi,

have you verified that the ships are empty at the beginning?

If their storage space is full with a ware they don't trade with (Sector/Universe traders any ware) they sit and wait indefinitely.

cu
Rainer

Matt Schifter
x2

Post by Matt Schifter » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 01:34

PRef:

Thanks for your help -- not a funds issue, but it is not ever successful at buying automatically. It just sits there in the target sector. I've tried to set a waypoint as fly to.... and then ...buy at best, buy at average, and buy manually (which defeats the purpose). But the software fails except at manual amount, but then the ship goes idle instead of unloading at home base.

But I've tried everything, and trade conditions, over a period of days, certainly vary quite a bit, but the ship set for selling or as a sector trader never sells anything.[/quote]
Last edited by Matt Schifter on Fri, 19. Jun 15, 01:39, edited 2 times in total.

Matt Schifter
x2

Post by Matt Schifter » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 01:35

@RanierPrem: Thanks for trying to help.

The sector trader was let loose as empty and only to trade wheat in the sector -- has my wheat station and places to sell.

Are you saying that a sector trader cannot sell what is bought? Over multiple hours? 0 sales at all.

Matt Schifter
x2

Post by Matt Schifter » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 01:45

@ancienthighway:

Yeah, I installed via steam and that includes the bonus pack.

Matt Schifter
x2

Post by Matt Schifter » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 01:47

Timsup2nothin wrote:Read guide in sig below.
I will, thanks Tim.

Matt Schifter
x2

Post by Matt Schifter » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 02:17

Matt Schifter wrote:
Timsup2nothin wrote:Read guide in sig below.
I will, thanks Tim.
Tim -- I've only gotten started, but I can already see the reason you wrote it and the insight it provides, even the subtle insights -- like when a CLS has freight it will keep it forever. It's a keeper. I already expect success whereas before the other guides I read and viewed definitely were incomplete. I was getting ready to give up on it, but will now put in the time to follow your input.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 02:22

I aim to be helpful. Glad you found it an interesting approach. If you need help with specifics feel free to ask. A lot of added knowledge has been generated out of the Q & A in that thread.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Matt Schifter
x2

Post by Matt Schifter » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 04:08

>Q&A

Thanks, I will if I think of something that might be helpful. Again, in the mean time, let me just say that the effort that you and others who document poorly documented games really make a difference. To me, a game should mainly be a stress reducer at the end of the day and complex games without good dox compromise the ability of a game to "do its job." And so I really appreciate your enormous time investment!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”